Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

ITV

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
teecee90
2 Lemon pips

ITV

Postby teecee90 » March 3rd, 2022, 3:59 pm

Looks like my top-up of ITV on Tuesday is going well ...... :shock:

idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: ITV

Postby idpickering » March 3rd, 2022, 4:08 pm

teecee90 wrote:Looks like my top-up of ITV on Tuesday is going well ...... :shock:

Ouch, ITV down 25% as I type. Sorry for your pain.

To be honest, I’m not sure I’ve seen ITV being discussed in a HYP context here for a while? Maybe I’m wrong?

Ian.

uspaul666
2 Lemon pips

Postby uspaul666 » March 4th, 2022, 9:04 am

idpickering wrote:
teecee90 wrote:Looks like my top-up of ITV on Tuesday is going well ...... :shock:

Ouch, ITV down 25% as I type. Sorry for your pain.

To be honest, I’m not sure I’ve seen ITV being discussed in a HYP context here for a while? Maybe I’m wrong?

Ian.

I think it was a pyad pick a while ago. My holding just moved to #2 position for top up. Not sure it’s going to get it, no-one seems to like it round here,

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » March 4th, 2022, 9:50 am

uspaul666 wrote:I think it was a pyad pick a while ago. My holding just moved to #2 position for top up. Not sure it’s going to get it, no-one seems to like it round here,

I used to hold it for a short time years ago, then I realised that I was merely diworsifying my HYP, almost for the perceived sake of added diversity, then dropped them again. Some like ITV, and I get that, but imho, there are better HYP picks out there. One doesn't have to have a finger in every pie, again, imho.

Ian.

uspaul666
2 Lemon pips

Postby uspaul666 » March 4th, 2022, 1:34 pm

idpickering wrote:
uspaul666 wrote:I think it was a pyad pick a while ago. My holding just moved to #2 position for top up. Not sure it’s going to get it, no-one seems to like it round here,

I used to hold it for a short time years ago, then I realised that I was merely diworsifying my HYP, almost for the perceived sake of added diversity, then dropped them again. Some like ITV, and I get that, but imho, there are better HYP picks out there. One doesn't have to have a finger in every pie, again, imho.

Ian.

Definitely. My other Media pick, Pearson, is a bit rubbish too. Is there a good HYP pick in the media sector that you like?

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » March 4th, 2022, 4:42 pm

uspaul666 wrote:Definitely. My other Media pick, Pearson, is a bit rubbish too. Is there a good HYP pick in the media sector that you like?

The only other one I can think of is WPP, but it only offer a fairly low yield at present, 3.24% according to dividenddata . See; https://www.dividenddata.co.uk/dividend ... y?epic=WPP

This ties in with my earlier comments about not having to have a finger in every pie, or stamp collecting. You don't have to hold a media share, or any other share come to that, if there isn't a viable candidate in any given sector. I don't hold any media shares, as imho, none are viable candidates currently. But each to their own.

Ian.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » March 4th, 2022, 5:24 pm

uspaul666 wrote:
Definitely. My other Media pick, Pearson, is a bit rubbish too. Is there a good HYP pick in the media sector that you like?

Moneysupermarket MONY is in the media sector. I had them as a HYPable years ago. Yield is high at 6% and they had a good record of increasing dividends and some lumpy specials too. Income has been static for 3 or 4 years, I've more than doubled my investment and the income has been steady but over the past few years the sp has declined. Not sure they'd be a pick for my portfolio today with the static dividends.

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Postby OLTB » July 1st, 2022, 1:04 pm

Afternoon all

Topped up ITV this morning and hope that the earlier news re potential advertising changes on TV may be positive for them in the future https://www.gov.uk/government/consultat ... ising-time .

Cheers, OLTB.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”