Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Haleon demerger completion and share consolidation/GSK Share Consolidation;

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Haleon demerger completion and share consolidation/GSK Share Consolidation;

Postby idpickering » July 18th, 2022, 7:38 am

GSK plc (LSE/NYSE: GSK) has today (Monday 18 July 2022) completed the demerger of the Consumer Healthcare business from the GSK Group to form the Haleon Group. The shares of Haleon plc (ticker "LSE: HLN") will be admitted at 8.00 a.m. today to the Premium Listing segment of the Official List and to trading on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange ("LSE").

It is expected that American Depositary Shares representing shares of Haleon plc (ticker: "NYSE: HLN") ("Haleon ADSs") will commence "regular-way" trading on the New York Stock Exchange (the "NYSE") at market open on Friday 22 July 2022. In addition, we expect that Haleon ADSs will begin trading on a "when-issued" basis on the NYSE from market open today up to and including Thursday 21 July 2022. Each Haleon ADS represents two Haleon ordinary shares.

GSK Share Consolidation

At the GSK General Meeting on 6 July 2022, alongside the demerger, GSK shareholders also approved the consolidation of GSK shares (the "GSK Share Consolidation"). The GSK Share Consolidation is expected to take place after the market closes today. It is expected that admission and dealings in the new GSK shares on the LSE will commence at 8.00 a.m. on Tuesday 19 July 2022. GSK will provide an update following the completion of the GSK Share Consolidation at around 7.00 a.m. on Tuesday 19 July 2022.

The ratio for the GSK Share Consolidation cannot be fixed at this time as it will depend on fluctuations in the volume and price of the GSK shares in the period between 8.00 a.m. and 4.30 p.m. today.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/gsk-plc-- ... 00077269S/

Also posted on Company News here; viewtopic.php?p=515184#p515184

Ian.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Re: Haleon demerger completion and share consolidation/GSK Share Consolidation;

Postby Bouleversee » August 5th, 2022, 3:09 pm

I received my Haleon share certificate today. On the back of it was printed a form to be filled in by me giving my bank details so that dividends can be paid directly into that account by the registrars, Equiniti. It gives the impression that that is the only way divs. will be paid in future. They already have my bank details for payment of GSK dividends but if they hadn't, I would hardly complete a form on the back of my share certificate and send it back to them.

(Note to Mods: If this should be on a different board, could you please move it.)

Moderator Message:
It's fine here, Lorna.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » August 5th, 2022, 9:07 pm

Bouleversee wrote:I received my Haleon share certificate today. On the back of it was printed a form to be filled in by me giving my bank details so that dividends can be paid directly into that account by the registrars, Equiniti. It gives the impression that that is the only way divs. will be paid in future. They already have my bank details for payment of GSK dividends but if they hadn't, I would hardly complete a form on the back of my share certificate and send it back to them.

Thanks for the reminder Lorna. I've just received my Haleon certificate too.

Do you manage your certificates through Shareview as I do? I signed into my Shareview account to check, and was greeted with this message:

Shareview wrote:Dividend Mandates and DRIP elections on GSK and Haleon shareholdings

Following the demerger of Haleon and share consolidation on GSK plc, any dividend mandate and/or DRIP election held at the Demerger and/or Share Consolidation Record Times will be copied across to new GSK post-consolidation and Haleon shareholdings by the end of July 2022, and will not be visible on Shareview Portfolio until this has been completed.

On checking my existing mandates I see that Haleon dividends are indeed already set up to be paid into my bank. So there's nothing I need to do, it's already been set up for me.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » August 5th, 2022, 9:37 pm

No, Bree, I assumed Shareview held one's certificates as nominees and one would have to conduct share transactions through them, which I didn't want to do. As I have holdings with other platforms, I want to try to get all the shares I hold in a company in one place, should I ever find the time.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » August 5th, 2022, 11:07 pm

Bouleversee wrote:No, Bree, I assumed Shareview held one's certificates as nominees and one would have to conduct share transactions through them, which I didn't want to do. As I have holdings with other platforms, I want to try to get all the shares I hold in a company in one place, should I ever find the time.

No, I'm not talking about any sort of nominee holding, I'm talking about my actual paper share certificates. Both Equniti Shareview and Computershare have a portfolio service you can register for where you can manage your certificated holdings online rather that sending forms by post. You can set or change dividend mandates or download dividend confirmations, for example.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”