Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Legal & General (LGEN) : IFRS 17 Transition Update.

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Legal & General (LGEN) : IFRS 17 Transition Update.

Postby idpickering » July 5th, 2023, 7:10 am

Legal & General Plc ("Legal & General" or the "Group") today provides investors and analysts with an update on our transition to IFRS 17. Access slides here: link

No Change To Strategy, Solvency Or Dividends
IFRS 17 - a global standard implemented by the sector on 1 January 2023 - is an accounting change which does not affect our strategy, solvency or dividends. The Board's confidence in the Group achieving its 5-year ambitions remains unchanged. IFRS 17 does not change the underlying economics of our insurance contracts. It does not impact LGIM or LGC. It only impacts the reporting of our annuity and protection businesses (LGRI, Retail), changing the timing of recognition of earnings from these products but not the quantum.

On Track To Achieve Our Ambitions
We remain on track to achieve our 5-year ambitions. Over 2020-2024, we expect to generate £8-9bn of capital, to grow EPS faster than DPS[1], and cumulatively for net surplus generation to exceed dividends. As previously stated, the Board's aim is to continue to grow the dividend at 5% per annum to FY24.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/announcem ... te/7613216

Also posted on Company News here; viewtopic.php?p=599961#p599961

LGEN are my largest holding in capital value terms in my 28 share HYP, in fact, they're a double holding. I'm reassured by the comment above regarding the LGEN dividend.

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”