Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Anonymous,MyNameIsUrl,6Tricia,staffordian, for Donating to support the site

Predator Oil and Gas

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Re: Predator Oil and Gas

Postby Dynamo1 » January 22nd, 2021, 3:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=h-yPiXXNOYQ

Core Finance interview with Catherine McQueen and Paul Griffiths. Sounds like Paul is getting frustrated with people who do not understand what Predator is doing and has achieved. I believe 2021 will be a transformational year for Predator.

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Dynamo1 » February 1st, 2021, 12:36 pm

https://www.malcysblog.com/2021/02/oil- ... cket-list/

From 11.35 Malcy talks a little bit about Predator Oil and Gas. Without trying to sound like a ramping lunatic PRD are on course for a huge 2021, they are nearly firing on all cylinders. Trinidad CO2 Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) is attracting a lot of interest, the process works, possible green credits and 11 companies in discussion with PRD to take on some of their expertise. This has been a slow burner but is starting to gain traction, there are a lot of old oil fields in Trinidad that need a bit of a boost.
Morocco is just a mega drill waiting to happen. Covid 19 has delayed the drill since mid 2020. The acreage at Guercif is prime real estate, SDX are nearby and ConocoPhillips have recently moved in next door. The drill is paid for, I have spoken with the drilling company and they are ready to go as soon as Morocco allows. Spud alone will send the share price a lot higher, Paul Griffiths believes this is the best prospect he has seen in his 40+ years in oil and gas, the chances of success are better than average.
Ireland is a strange one but the Company have said that they are no longer going to comment on speculation. The Irish government have stated that they need a Plan B in the event of an energy shortage. The Green party won't entertain fracked LNG (in fact they don't want any LNG) but might go along with LNG as a stop gap solution until something greener comes along. Other LNG projects have been kicked into touch so I believe that the Company are in delicate negotiations with the Irish government hence cannot say anything. If PRD pull this off then WOW the market cap of circa £13m will be a distant memory.
Malcy has always been a fan of Paul Griffiths and respects him a lot, I understand that he is looking to talk to him in more depth in the coming weeks.

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Dynamo1 » February 15th, 2021, 10:04 am

https://polaris.brighterir.com/public/p ... ry/rg4nk0r

Paul Griffiths, CEO of Predator Oil & Gas Holdings Plc commented:

"We continue to make solid progress with the Company's CO2 EOR project onshore Trinidad at Inniss-Trinity. Latest results are very encouraging and support the impact CO2 is having in gradually enhancing oil production. Much of the hard work has now been completed and the next challenge is to scale up the injected volumes of CO2 and resulting enhanced oil production to attain the optimum production profile achievable for the AT-4 Block. In Morocco we are excited to be in a position to execute the drilling programme as previously announced. Perseverance in Ireland based on the Company's innovative FSRU LNG concept is paying off as issues regarding security of energy supply have now been crystallised in real terms by recent events. Despite COVID-19 we have continued to make substantive progress, whilst maintaining a sensible balance between risk - reward, and through deploying working capital judiciously, but to maximum effect, over diverse yet equally material projects. "
Another solid RNS from Predator (there is more detail in the link). Look out for a sharp rise in shareprice ahead of spud in Morocco. Trinidad appears to be the bread and butter for the time being. Ireland will always be a game of politics, I can't read what's going on here, maybe Predator are in the game, maybe not. But overall, a good update. Regards D1

joey
2 Lemon pips

Postby joey » February 15th, 2021, 12:59 pm

Dynamo1 wrote:Another solid RNS from Predator (there is more detail in the link). Look out for a sharp rise in shareprice ahead of spud in Morocco. Trinidad appears to be the bread and butter for the time being. Ireland will always be a game of politics, I can't read what's going on here, maybe Predator are in the game, maybe not. But overall, a good update. Regards D1

Business Post (.ie) had a good article a few months back about PRDs submission to the Irish authorities. I think some of the details had been leaked (can’t remember exactly how they came across the info). AFAIK PRDs submission is now the only one left with the others having subsequently been rejected.

Dynamo1
Lemon Pip

Postby Dynamo1 » February 15th, 2021, 1:07 pm

Even Malcy's getting excited, (mind you it doesn't take a lot)....

https://www.malcysblog.com/2021/02/oil- ... d-finally/

Predator continues to deliver on all fronts albeit at different pace which is exactly what management has always expected. In Trinidad, scaling up the process is in sight after initial results have been extremely positive after which the potential is substantial. With Morocco now imminently ready for ‘execution’ I am most excited about that drilling programme which could make this year for the company. Also the situation in Ireland has started to fall into the company’s hands as the need for energy supply has been recently highlighted.

The shares are also repaying faith from the investors as they have gone up by a factor of 5 since last April and more than doubled since November, some performance under these market conditions and in my view with plenty more to deliver from this exciting portfolio.

joey
2 Lemon pips

Postby joey » March 17th, 2021, 10:49 am

Malcy interview with Paul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P81jvbqsaVg

My notes (only re: Morocco):

-March 15th - survey team out in the field scouting the road, logistics for well-pad build;
-"Spud the well before end of Q2";
-"2-3 reservoirs candidates for testing";
-Preparing upto another six potential locations on the ground;
-Rig becomes available at the end of the year to further appraise.

Options for developing + funding:
-"Key here is early monetisation of gas"
CNG is very low capex - entirely fundable in a development project

-"We'd be looking for a partner to develop the asset"
Early cash flow, manageable amount of capital for near-term return.

-"Plan is to have first gas Q2, Q3 next year (2022) for the industrial market, and that is achievable"

Obviously T&T and Ireland were also discussed.
It does seem that Ireland in particular has come further along than expected. Very exciting, IF the politicians are on-board. Paul was expecting to be able to announce partners for the LNG project some months ago, didn't, and then released an RNS that said "we won't be commenting any further as its super-sensitive timing", now it seems they are getting close to something announce-able. I can't say I know much about Irish politics tho so caveat emptor.

Proselenes
Lemon Slice

Postby Proselenes » May 4th, 2021, 7:28 am

https://www.investegate.co.uk/sdx-energ ... 00133389X/

SDX start drilling.

Should be finished July. So PRD spud August then ?

joey
2 Lemon pips

Postby joey » May 6th, 2021, 10:06 pm

https://www.investegate.co.uk/predator-o--38-g-hldgs--prd-/rns/operational-update/202105060700036900X/

“MOU-1 well remains on schedule to commence drilling during June 2021”… “ Well spud during June is dependent upon the completion of drilling operations for three wells for another operator SDX Energy”.

June seems possible still then.

Proselenes
Lemon Slice

Postby Proselenes » May 15th, 2021, 9:07 am

Ireland advises against all LNG projects.

https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/mark ... rgy-review

joey
2 Lemon pips

Postby joey » May 15th, 2021, 11:19 am

Proselenes wrote:Ireland advises against all LNG projects.

https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/mark ... rgy-review

There's nothing new here in the sense that it is merely re-stating the known position; which is-- there is a review, they'll wait for the review, and they continue to couch everything in terms of "fracked gas" when speaking about not wanting LNG. That's obviously good for Predator as they have stated any LNG supply would have non-fracked provenance.

I suspect the article may have come about because of comments made on the investor call with New Fortress. The CEO was asked about the Shannon LNG project and he didn't bat an eyelid, was very positive, etc. (you can listen to the call of their website). That got picked up by the Irish Times about a month after it happened.

Can anyone in the know comment on using an FSRU vs "an LNG import terminal"? Presumably the former requires at least some machinery onshore for off-take purposes. But vs "an LNG import terminal" I'm guessing any required investment would be considerably smaller.

joey
2 Lemon pips

Postby joey » June 1st, 2021, 8:54 pm

MOU-1 well pad construction appears to be underway.

https://vimeo.com/557606972

joey
2 Lemon pips

Postby joey » June 16th, 2021, 8:18 pm

MOU-1 spud imminent.

https://investegate.co.uk/predator-o--3 ... 00050167C/

It seems the recent placing has taken the wind out of the sails so no doubt some traders are disappointed.

Proselenes
Lemon Slice

Postby Proselenes » July 6th, 2021, 7:19 am

spasmodicus
2 Lemon pips

Postby spasmodicus » July 6th, 2021, 11:49 am

As a punishment, PRD share price has dropped about 40%, but still more than double this year's low. An entry point maybe, but let''s wait and see what they propose to do next.

S
(doesn't hold PRD, but has been watching with interest)

spasmodicus
2 Lemon pips

Postby spasmodicus » July 21st, 2021, 10:29 am

19th July PRD announced share placing
https://www.lse.co.uk/rns/PRD/operational-highlights-and-placing-3n4acjtqzj8qpcf.html

Predator Oil & Gas Holdings Plc (PRD), the Jersey-based Oil and Gas Company with operations in Trinidad, Morocco and Ireland is pleased to announce that it has conditionally placed 26,000,000 new ordinary shares of no par value in the Company (the "Placing Shares") at a placing price of 5 pence each (the "Placing Price") to raise £1.3 million before expenses (the "Placing").

The market wasn't impressed and nor was I when I read the following RNS about Ron Pilbeam, Project Development Director, which records his sale of 5,085,794 shares at around 6.5p in the days just before the placing announcement.
https://www.lse.co.uk/rns/PRD/directors-dealings-3kwew8ft1ja5irt.html

SP is down to below 5p today. I quite like PRD's story, but it was ever thus with AIM oilies. Perhaps we should wait until he buys back in again?
S
(still no position in PRD)

joey
2 Lemon pips

Postby joey » July 21st, 2021, 10:33 am

There is a potential opportunity here once it becomes clear how MOU-4 will be funded. i.e. that they have enough funds already, that they place (again), or that they get a JV. Once the path to MOU-4 drilling is cleared then I may consider buying.

Of course, that assumes MOU-4 goes ahead. Given the shenanigans today I can imagine that those who participated in the 5p placing will be most unhappy and the placing could surely be in jeopardy? One to keep an eye on but I won't be jumping in again until funding is known.

Return to “Oil & Gas & Energy (Sector & Companies)”