Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

HGEN

yieldhog
Lemon Slice

HGEN

Postby yieldhog » October 26th, 2021, 3:45 pm

I note that HGEN is again trading over 116 and wonder if this is related to the following recent news:

https://hydrogenonecapitalgrowthplc.com ... -FINAL.pdf

I originally considered buying HGEN when it was first launched around the end of July this year. The launch wasn't a big success and so I waited to see if it could be bought at a discount a bit further down the road. However, the price then moved up to around 110 before falling all the way back to 100, at which point I decided to dip my toe in the water and bought a few at that level. A 16% rise in value in a few weeks is a welcome positive at a time when my overall portfolio seems to be growing at a more sedate pace, but I find it hard to get a meaningful handle on what's going on with HGEN. Unless anyone has got more in-depth knowledge of HGEN's activities then I guess we will have to wait several months before we see any reports on the fund's progress.

When originally researching this sector, my inclination was to start with ITM or CWR but I'm trying to move my portfolios away from single share exposures towards ITs, simply to spread the risk and avoid getting the sector right but the company wrong.

Y

88V8
Lemon Half

Re: HGEN

Postby 88V8 » October 27th, 2021, 10:34 am

yieldhog wrote:I note that HGEN is again trading over 116 and wonder if this is related to the following recent news:
[about an investment in Sunfire]
When originally researching this sector, my inclination was to start with ITM or CWR but I'm trying to move my portfolios away from single share exposures towards ITs, simply to spread the risk and avoid getting the sector right but the company wrong.

Right sector wrong company haha good way of putting it.
Yes, the increasing agitation around 'net zero' is going to push hydrogen and electrolysis up the agenda so there is good potential. Perhaps let the fund managers do their job in picking the winners. The other advantage they have is that they can take direct positions in unquoted companies such as Sunfire. So long as they pick the right companies, and the Chinese don't come galloping in and undercut everyone.....

The whole green investment sector bothers me, being so much at the whim of govt policy, and I cringe when I read puffs about hydrogen-powered cars, but as an add-on to industrial processes it seems to me that hydrogen has strong prospects.

As to HGEN, I am leery of new funds. They have investors' money, they look around for something to do with it, perhaps sub-optimally. So I'll pass on HGEN for the moment, but I wish you well of it.

V8

yieldhog
Lemon Slice

Re: HGEN

Postby yieldhog » October 27th, 2021, 12:22 pm

Good points V8.
No great harm done if it doesn't do well and plenty of room to double up a couple of times, or cut my losses. It's tough to find good potential these days, with so many sectors at all time highs, so I thought it was worth a punt.
Y

Return to “Oil & Gas & Energy (Sector & Companies)”