Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Phoenix Life

20thcenturyboy

Phoenix Life

Postby 20thcenturyboy » October 20th, 2021, 3:20 pm

Is anyone here unfortunate enough to have a pension with Phoenix Life?
What have your experiences with them been?
Mine have been terrible!
They seem to post letters 2 weeks after the date on the letter, they "lose" letters that I have sent to them weeks ago, and they never answer their phones but claim to call you back 4 - 8 hours later. They use some IT service company to send customer emails (Diligenta?!) asking for all the information I've already sent them.
Completely useless.
Sigh.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Re: Phoenix Life

Postby Bouleversee » October 20th, 2021, 4:53 pm

I have an annuity with them and they did get into a terrible muddle last year, sending the wrong amounts, which took some time to sort out. I think they blamed a new website. My memory being what it is, I'd need to look at the file to remind myself of all the details. I think I got a bit of compensation when I complained. I was certainly not impressed with them or the level of some of the correspondence. I am not aware of any problems recently. Anything I should be aware of?

Alaric
Lemon Half

Postby Alaric » October 20th, 2021, 5:16 pm

Bouleversee wrote:I have an annuity with them and they did get into a terrible muddle last year, sending the wrong amounts, which took some time to sort out. I think they blamed a new website.

Annuities should be sufficiently old tech as not to need a website to operate. Perhaps they changed computer systems, moved to a new supplier or both.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » October 20th, 2021, 5:46 pm

Alaric wrote:
Bouleversee wrote:I have an annuity with them and they did get into a terrible muddle last year, sending the wrong amounts, which took some time to sort out. I think they blamed a new website.

Annuities should be sufficiently old tech as not to need a website to operate. Perhaps they changed computer systems, moved to a new supplier or both.

Yes, it probably was a new computer system; I should have checked the file. A technical issue, anyway, but they should have been aware that the wrong amounts (quite a lot short) had been sent out and it should not have taken so long to send out the balance owing. Fortunately, I had sufficient in the account for it not to be a problem but others may not have been so fortunate.

Return to “Pensions - Practical Problems”