Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

When I've earned £6,396 this tax year will that be a "qualifying year"?

mearnsfool
2 Lemon pips

Re: When I've earned £6,396 this tax year will that be a "qualifying year"?

Postby mearnsfool » June 12th, 2022, 1:34 pm

Yes my own DB pension is increased each year by RPI with as you advise has a collar of 5% but the scheme
handbook states they have never capped the increase. I hope that statement holds good in October 22 and possibly in October 23. I was told that certain civil service pensions have no such cap.

DelianLeague
2 Lemon pips

Re: When I've earned £6,396 this tax year will that be a "qualifying year"?

Postby DelianLeague » June 15th, 2022, 8:12 am

A few years ago I signed-up online to check my NIC's and what my state pension was likely to be because I was worried about my N.I. record. When I was younger I used to go traveling for long parts of the year and when I did work, it was usually fairly low pay.
I also sometimes used to work abroad for Six months at a time and would often not be working for a couple of months of the same year when I returned to the UK.

I was amazed to find that I had no missing years. I have full years from age Sixteen to now. Happy days.

I might be wrong, but in one particular year , I was sure that I only worked for about Three months at most.

Lets hope we all live long enough to draw it.

D.L.

Return to “Pensions - Practical Problems”