Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

BT deny liability

including wills and probate
Peanutte
Lemon Pip

BT deny liability

Postby Peanutte » November 1st, 2019, 4:18 pm

I do voluntary work at a local Credit Union.

In June we had a new Broadband and phone system installed by BT.

The BT engineer moved a desk without checking underneath. There was a printer standing under it which was knocked over - the glass plate was broken. It was clearly an accident and was witnessed by our Treasurer.

I pursued a claim through BT. I have just received their response: "The engineer who attended 26 June 2019 advises that he has no recollection of seeing a printer at the worksite and has no knowledge of any damage. In view of the above BT denies liability and respectfully repudiates your claim" .

We are hopping mad. They are effectively accusing us of lying.

It was clearly an accident - we are not accusing him of vandalism. I sent photos of the broken printer. We are not asking for a large sum of money. But it was a useful printer which is now broken.

Obviously it's our word against his - but is there anything we can do??

Many thanks.

supremetwo
Lemon Quarter

Re: BT deny liability

Postby supremetwo » November 2nd, 2019, 2:27 am

Peanutte wrote:I do voluntary work at a local Credit Union.

In June we had a new Broadband and phone system installed by BT.

The BT engineer moved a desk without checking underneath. There was a printer standing under it which was knocked over - the glass plate was broken. It was clearly an accident and was witnessed by our Treasurer.

I pursued a claim through BT. I have just received their response: "The engineer who attended 26 June 2019 advises that he has no recollection of seeing a printer at the worksite and has no knowledge of any damage. In view of the above BT denies liability and respectfully repudiates your claim" .

We are hopping mad. They are effectively accusing us of lying.

It was clearly an accident - we are not accusing him of vandalism. I sent photos of the broken printer. We are not asking for a large sum of money. But it was a useful printer which is now broken.

Obviously it's our word against his - but is there anything we can do??

Many thanks.

Letter before action - Small Claims Court.

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Re: BT deny liability

Postby chas49 » November 2nd, 2019, 11:39 am

Does the Union have insurance for this? And does it include legal expenses cover? Worth checking, and may be a route worth pursuing so the insurance company pursue BT for the cost on your behalf....

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”