Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Moving dead bodies

including wills and probate
gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Re: Moving dead bodies

Postby gryffron » November 25th, 2019, 4:46 pm

didds wrote:So what happens if "the family" (or whoever) refuses to engage a FD and incur cost (or whatever other reason) ?

I believe the council has a statutory duty to dispose of the body in an appropriate manner (usually by engaging a private FD). They will try and reclaim the cost from the deceased's estate.

Gryff

mearnsfool
2 Lemon pips

Postby mearnsfool » November 25th, 2019, 6:31 pm

Many years ago, after a bad storm near in the mountains in the NE of Scotland, two climbers died on the hills and by the time the mountain rescue team got to them, Rigor was well set in and ice cover of the bodies did not help. One of the team later advised.

Taking the bodes off the hill by Landrover, one body had to be put on the roof rack as some limbs were sticking out. When the team got nearer the road and the team got to a safer area, they to break some limbs on that corpse, in order to get the bodies into the makeshift body coverings.

EmptyGlass

Postby EmptyGlass » November 26th, 2019, 9:15 am

A British man who reportedly boarded a car ferry in France with his dead mother in the passenger seat has been arrested.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-50548205

Gaggsy
Lemon Slice

Postby Gaggsy » November 26th, 2019, 10:26 am

Lootman wrote:
Dod101 wrote:If anyone is not aware of the death of Gram Parsons and more importantly for this thread the events thereafter, the following link may be of interest.

https://www.wideopencountry.com/gram-parsons-death/

Also of course if you do not know his music listen to it!

Yes, one of my favourite stories. A few years ago I got to stay in the Joshua Tree motel where he died, although room number six had strangely been renumbered or was otherwise not available.

You probably should have asked for Room 8!
Room 8 is reserved by the current owner for people who ask specifically to stay there for its relation to Parsons and not offered to walk-in guests. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Gram_Parsons

JonE
Lemon Slice

Postby JonE » November 26th, 2019, 5:07 pm

Dod101 wrote:... the death of Gram Parsons and more importantly for this thread the events thereafter

Apologies for topic drift but I have a memory of a spectacularly crass moment in a Russell Harty TV show when Harty approached Emmylou Harris just as she'd finished a number and, with a garbled precis of what had happened, introduced Kaufman onto the set (to Emmylou's surprise, shock and dismay)! Truly squirm-inducing but I've found no on-line mention of it so wonder if anyone here can confirm - or correct my memory.

Cheers!

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » November 26th, 2019, 8:48 pm

JonE wrote:
Dod101 wrote:... the death of Gram Parsons and more importantly for this thread the events thereafter

Apologies for topic drift but I have a memory of a spectacularly crass moment in a Russell Harty TV show when Harty approached Emmylou Harris just as she'd finished a number and, with a garbled precis of what had happened, introduced Kaufman onto the set (to Emmylou's surprise, shock and dismay)! Truly squirm-inducing but I've found no on-line mention of it so wonder if anyone here can confirm - or correct my memory.

Cheers!

I do not know about that but the pair were obviously very close at one time and sounded good when singing together. I see she is still touring in the US at the age of 72.

Dod

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”