Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

A trader owes me money, what can I do?

including wills and probate
didds
Lemon Half

Re: Great outcome.

Postby didds » April 8th, 2020, 9:20 am

ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:Well, blow me down. No reply from my ex-vendor. But lo and behold, the money arrived in full yesterday. Thanks all for the advice and help in deciding what to do.

RVF.

Excellent!!!

didds
Lemon Half

Re: A trader owes me money, what can I do?

Postby didds » April 8th, 2020, 9:24 am

johnhemming wrote:
ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:Absolutely, apart from a tiger eating his cheque book, I have heard it all. Of course, the virus card is firmly in play.

I have a security device for payments and over a certain amount I cannot make payments from my mobile and need the security device.

In this theoiretical world are we then saying that once a payment exceeds a certain size then it can never ever be dealt with in any way shape or form without the security device? including letters of insrtuction written to a bank or (in non SD times) a personal visit to a bank?

And then there is the approach of multiple smaller amounts to make up the total amount where each smaller amount is below the limit.

In the same way that we've asked my M-i-L to send us her occassional very welcome and generous monetary gifts in cheques of under £500 rather than the full amount so we can pay it in on a banking app rather than post to some central department taking days (she doesn't do digital banking)

didds

johnhemming
Lemon Quarter

Postby johnhemming » April 8th, 2020, 9:42 am

It obviously remains possible to write cheques or send instructions to the bank. That, however, is a comparatively slow process and for me to write a cheque I would have to go to my office to get the cheque book.

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » April 8th, 2020, 10:14 am

... and cheques can be wirthdrawn. A less reetrievable method for the OP would be needed I suspect.

And a slow process may be preferable to a no process...

didds

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Postby terminal7 » April 8th, 2020, 10:17 am

Congratulations - maybe he was reading this board and noted your perseverance!

T7

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”