Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Slow Probate Registry

including wills and probate
BenValue

Slow Probate Registry

Postby BenValue » April 28th, 2020, 12:09 pm

I use the Winchester district probate registry to apply for grants of probate.

They were pretty slow and useless before Covid. Now I am not sure if they are functioning at all.

Does anyone know of any probate registry that they could recommend or are they all as bad as each other.

BrummieDave
Lemon Slice

Re: Slow Probate Registry

Postby BrummieDave » April 29th, 2020, 12:00 pm

Can't comment on the Winchester registry but the Online Application website was dreadful yesterday and crashed innumerate times whilst I was making a new application. All online applications go to the same registry (I think) in Harlow, regardless of where you live.

Something that truly astounded me, and which I checked three times yesterday in the course of calling the helpdesk when the website crashes kept happening is that you can't make a second application for a Grant of Representation (aka Probate) using the same email address as a previous application. I know this sounds like I've gone mad, but three call centre folk told me the same.

I asked what happens if one of your parents dies and you apply as their Executor, and then the remaining parent dies a year later and you need to make a second application. "Create a new email address, it only takes a few minutes" was the reply! Can this really be the case?

In terms of the website crashing repeatedly, one call centre person explained it to me as being caused by three things: lots of people are dying, lots of people are at home and not at work, and it's raining today (the last two points meaning these folk are finally getting round to making applications). :roll:

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”