Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Sale of goods act?

including wills and probate
redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Sale of goods act?

Postby redsturgeon » December 8th, 2020, 10:09 pm

I ordered an advent calendar for collection at a store on Dec 1st. The calendar was not delivered to the store on that date and I have just been informed that it is ready for collection tomorrow.

The price has now been reduced from the priced I paid since clearly not many people required an advent calendar halfway through December.

I will be going into the store tomorrow and asking them to reduce the price for me. What are my rights?

TIA

John

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Re: Sale of goods act?

Postby chas49 » December 9th, 2020, 11:02 am

You have the right to cancel up to 14 days after delivery (https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance- ... businesses). If time was of the essence of the contract (arguably implied for a time-sensitive item), then the delay in delivery would be a breach of contract and you might be able to claim damages (a reduction in the price).

One assumes that this is fairly theoretical unless it was one of these expensive advent calendars (beer, wine, cheese) - do let us know what happens!

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Sale of goods act?

Postby redsturgeon » December 10th, 2020, 3:42 pm

chas49 wrote:You have the right to cancel up to 14 days after delivery (https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance- ... businesses). If time was of the essence of the contract (arguably implied for a time-sensitive item), then the delay in delivery would be a breach of contract and you might be able to claim damages (a reduction in the price).

One assumes that this is fairly theoretical unless it was one of these expensive advent calendars (beer, wine, cheese) - do let us know what happens!

I went in to collect it yesterday, they handed it across the counter to me. I handed it back and said, "I'd like a refund please".

The guy did not bat an eyelid and said, "Ok, no problem, can I have your credit card".

I said, " Don't you want to know why I want a refund.?"

He said, "OK"

I said, " I ordered this for next day delivery on November 29th, it is an advent calendar, it is now the middle of December."

Ok, I understand," he said.

I said, " You guys in the shop are great but your head office is rubbish."

He said, "I know".

He processed the refund, £30 and that was it.

John

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”