Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

T&Cs and Privacy Policies

including wills and probate
Sussexlad
Lemon Slice

T&Cs and Privacy Policies

Postby Sussexlad » November 16th, 2021, 5:42 pm

This has bugged me for a while but the latest offering from Evergreen Life has fired me into action.

Like most sites/apps, there are pages of both, fairly undecipherable i suspect, to most, apart from lawyers and those who's job it is to write them !
So rather than pretend I understand each and every word, I tend to stick with the better known applications and trust they wont take advantage.

Am I alone in this feeling that 98% of folk simply tick both boxes before moving on or am i just being stupid in not taking the necessary university course ? I've really nothing to add but would be interested to read how other view them.

Sussexlad

Moderator Message:
I think this is probably more suited to Legal Issues - I've moved it there so you get more replies (hopefully) - link left in Computers etc (chas49)

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Re: T&Cs and Privacy Policies

Postby Clitheroekid » November 16th, 2021, 7:52 pm

Sussexlad wrote:Am I alone in this feeling that 98% of folk simply tick both boxes before moving on or am i just being stupid in not taking the necessary university course?

Yes, you are probably alone in that thought - but only because most people feel that everyone just ticks both boxes before moving on! ;)

And that includes every lawyer I know (including me).

But I think it's safe to assume that no court would hold you liable to those terms as a private individual unless they were so demonstrably fair that no reasonable person would have refused to accept them.

mutantpoodle
Lemon Quarter

Re: T&Cs and Privacy Policies

Postby mutantpoodle » November 17th, 2021, 8:41 am

not everyone...sorry to disappoint

I dont !

i always either leave the site immediately.....or....turn off all but (so called) 'essential /required'

however I have absolutely no confidence that any site pays any attention to users requests

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”