Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Bogus Company Registration at my home address

including wills and probate
mc2fool
Lemon Half

Bogus Company Registration at my home address

Postby mc2fool » December 22nd, 2021, 4:05 pm

(Not sure if this is the best board for this, happy for suggestions if not).

In the past two days I've received two items of post, including a letter from Companies House, relating to a limited company which has been incorporated and falsely registered with my home address last week. (The other letter was from https://countingup.com/ who I suspect look out for new company registrations and send them servicing offers.)

There is no such company at my address and I know for certain not only that the director doesn't live with me but doesn't live in any flat in the block, as I am a director of the residents' management company and it's a small block and I know all the residents personally.. And it can't be a simple wrong-address-chosen-from-a-dropdown-list error as the postcode is unique to our block.

So, I suspect something fraudulent is going on and have sent an email to CoHo, awaiting reply. However, in the interim I've discovered https://www.gov.uk/guidance/report-a-company-using-your-personal-details-without-your-permission and so will be filling out an RP07 to dispute the registered office address, and also submitting the "suspicious company activity" form too.

So, I was wondering if anyone else has had any similar experience, either with a company being falsely registered at their address and/or going through the process with CoHo to get it changed.

(FWIW, the company has a Chinese name, the director is Chinese, and the declared Nature of Business is "Retail sale via stalls and markets of textiles, clothing and footwear".)

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Bogus Company Registration at my home address

Postby UncleEbenezer » December 22nd, 2021, 4:10 pm

mc2fool wrote:(FWIW, the company has a Chinese name, the director is Chinese, and the declared Nature of Business is "Retail sale via stalls and markets of textiles, clothing and footwear".)

If it's a fraud, those details are likely to be just as reliable as the address supplied.

A few years back I had five coppers on my doorstep, insisting I was someone else they were evidently interested in. Can get scary if officialdom gets a wrong idea.

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”