Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Should they get their money back?

including wills and probate

Should the bank be held responsible for the loss?

Yes
6%
No
94%

Total votes: 67

XFool
The full Lemon

Re: Should they get their money back?

Postby XFool » July 31st, 2023, 9:15 am

Clitheroekid wrote:
UncleEbenezer wrote:A real copper who visits you at home won't prevent you 'phoning the real police and asking for clarification..

Ha! Good luck with that. Have you ever actually tried ringing the police non-emergency number 101?

Yeah. Last time I needed to phone the local police, I found they no longer had a phone number... (999 excluded as it wasn't an emergency)

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Should they get their money back?

Postby UncleEbenezer » July 31st, 2023, 9:27 am

Clitheroekid wrote:
UncleEbenezer wrote:A real copper who visits you at home won't prevent you 'phoning the real police and asking for clarification..

Ha! Good luck with that. Have you ever actually tried ringing the police non-emergency number 101?

Yes, but not recently. The last time I may have done was maybe five years ago, though that might have been 999 (the situation was a bit ambiguous - the urgency wasn't a threat to me, but a rapid reaction from the police would've caught fly-tippers in the act). They did answer quickly, though I don't know if they came, as I didn't stay around to find out.

A couple of years earlier I certainly did, on a scary occasion when five coppers had appeared at my door, wanted to arrest a previous occupant of the house, and insisted I was their man.

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”