Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

A Pleasant Surprise

your favourite tipple - wine, beer, spirits
Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

A Pleasant Surprise

Postby Rhyd6 » July 21st, 2022, 11:14 pm

OH is a computer nerd. He's been working with the damn things since they were the size of small houses and often has to disappear to various parts of the globe to sort out problems. Covid put a stop to that but not to people turning up on the doorstep with their laptops and pleas for help which he was only to glad to give. - Kept him occupied. He declined any payment but of course people usually turned up with bottles of something, which I regret to say was mostly undrinkable. Not being snobbish but those of you who are wine drinkers will know that a £5.99 from the Co-op isn't going to make you say "superb". Tonight we decided to risk a bottle of Sancerre given to us by an Australian who was over with his wife, they were visiting her parents. I must say that it was delicious, crisp, fruity with a hint of bite, thoroughly enjoyed it. I still haven't got over the fact that whe he brought it to the house he said "Here's a bottle of "Sankerry" I hope you like it".

R6

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: A Pleasant Surprise

Postby Dod101 » July 21st, 2022, 11:38 pm

Rhyd6 wrote:OH is a computer nerd. He's been working with the damn things since they were the size of small houses and often has to disappear to various parts of the globe to sort out problems. Covid put a stop to that but not to people turning up on the doorstep with their laptops and pleas for help which he was only to glad to give. - Kept him occupied. He declined any payment but of course people usually turned up with bottles of something, which I regret to say was mostly undrinkable. Not being snobbish but those of you who are wine drinkers will know that a £5.99 from the Co-op isn't going to make you say "superb". Tonight we decided to risk a bottle of Sancerre given to us by an Australian who was over with his wife, they were visiting her parents. I must say that it was delicious, crisp, fruity with a hint of bite, thoroughly enjoyed it. I still haven't got over the fact that whe he brought it to the house he said "Here's a bottle of "Sankerry" I hope you like it".

R6

What a nice story. A decent Sancerre was something I always ordered when I was entertaining 'visiting firemen' when I worked in Hong Kong many years ago. (Come to think of it if I was home by now, I counted myself very fortunate) Mostly very nice sharpish white wine. (Lucky you!)

Dod

Return to “Drink”