Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Christmas Beers - Never Again

your favourite tipple - wine, beer, spirits
didds
Lemon Half

Re: Christmas Beers - Never Again

Postby didds » January 13th, 2017, 10:47 am

obviously each to theiur own etc, but the days of canned Double Diamond and modsern Morrison's white label "ale" are gone with the typically heavily ornated "craft" beer cans.

Beavertown, Magic Rock, Nene Valley... all non "tinny" IMO. But also to be drunk from a glass not the can.

didds

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » November 11th, 2020, 8:27 pm

redsturgeon wrote:
AleisterCrowley wrote:The return of the Watney's Party 7 perhaps?
https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2014/ ... -brands/7/

This truly was the spawn of the devil! Can't remember ever opening one when the froth did not hit the ceiling! Then trying to pour the first pint was an exercise in futility...most ending up on the floor or table.

I am with CK in my distrust of canned beers and can't remember any tasting as good as the best beers from a bottle. I am willing to believe that this may be a false belief on my part and I must admit to actually enjoying some canned craft beers that came with my advent calendar this year.

John

It's back...
https://party-seven.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiA ... rUQAvD_BwE

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Postby Rhyd6 » November 12th, 2020, 3:22 pm

I remember the first canned beer Long Life by Ind Coope, I must have been about sixteen at the time and even then I could tell it was disgusting. I've never tried another canned beer since and have no intention of doing so. I quite like the small bottles because I seem to have lost the capacity for quaffing large amounts in one go. It's strange because in a pub I have no problems disposing of a pint of Wrexham lager but at home I struggle with a large bottle of beer or lager.

R6

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » November 12th, 2020, 5:24 pm

Canning has come a long way since the days of Long Life Double Diamond and the like.

You are potentially missing out on a lot of excellent beers that only get canned, as a result.

I am told by brewers that canning these days is actually better than bottles for the beer - no danger whatsoever of light strike for a start.

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » November 12th, 2020, 9:42 pm

You can get some good beer in cans* these days, certainly as good as bottled, but nothing is ever going to beat a pint of decent beer from the pump in a pub (or beer tent) Cask is king.

* try Tiny Rebel 'Cali Pale', Mikkeler 'Evergreen'

Return to “Drink”