Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Where can we say thank you?

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Where can we say thank you?

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » October 9th, 2021, 1:16 pm

I accept without any issue that another board is completely out of the question.

Is there a way we can introduce an area of the site to say thank you?

I know we can rec a post. I know we can even pm someone. But we can't openly say thank you for the rest of the community to see.

We can't go anywhere to say thank you for anything, including thank you to moderators and admin.

I know we can say thank you in a thread.

But, for example, how do I say this thank you?

Thank you Gengulphus for your considered posts, your enviable knowledge of maths and the support you offer many in the community?

How for example, do we say this thank you?

Thank you Chris for your efforts regarding moderation and the support you offer the community for free. You make, and will make a valuable contribution the the community and every now and again it's right that I should remind you of that and not take for granted the efforts you make on behalf of the community.

How for example, do we say this thank you?

Thank you Clariman for dealing with complaints in an open minded way and responding to the community with considered posts and explanations, which is offered free.

How do we as a community offer thanks and support of a positive nature in an area of the site that everyone can read? An area where we can simply celebrate the essence of the community and remind each other that we are grateful for those contributions? An area where a new member or a potential new member of the community can read "thank you" posts and understand very quickly how positive the community really is.

AiY

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Where can we say thank you?

Postby csearle » October 9th, 2021, 2:13 pm

Well thank you for saying thank you! In a way you have answered your own question with your post.

As you say it is unimaginable (at least to me) that the owners would create a board especially to receive thanks. In my opinion they do it because they too loved the discussion boards on The Motley Fool and had the experience and foresight quickly to provide us with an alternative home from home.

I'm totally sure, knowing them a tiny bit, that they were not thinking of thanks when they did it. I suspect though that thanks are nevertheless welcome and warming however they trickle through. :)

Chris

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Re: Where can we say thank you?

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » October 26th, 2021, 12:24 am

Well you can't and won't silence me!

No way I'll have you know!

I insist on thanking Stooz and Clariman for their recent posts. It's preposterous that they should share information with us, I know. Yet they insist on doing so. But whatever they think their doing I am not going to be unfocused.

Thanks both

Take care too

AiY

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”