Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Moderator messages - a bug?

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Moderator messages - a bug?

Postby moorfield » June 12th, 2022, 10:44 am

Discovered by accident when replying to a post elsewhere. Anyone can post them, it would seem.

Moderator Message:
Is this a bug? If it is, there is all sorts of fun that can be had with it here... :twisted: :twisted:

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Moderator messages - a bug?

Postby Itsallaguess » June 12th, 2022, 10:48 am

It's been known about for as long as the mod-boxes have been used, and as such, is explicitly covered in the current site rules -

• Users are prohibited from impersonating a Board Moderator or Admin, and prohibited from using any Moderator-related board functions

Site rules - https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/app.php/rules

I very strongly suspect that any potential misuse by non-mod posters would gain a rapid and rather sharp response...

Cheers,

Itsallaugess

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » June 12th, 2022, 11:21 am

Itsallaguess wrote:It's been known about for as long as the mod-boxes have been used, and as such, is explicitly covered in the current site rules -

• Users are prohibited from impersonating a Board Moderator or Admin, and prohibited from using any Moderator-related board functions

Site rules - https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/app.php/rules

I very strongly suspect that any potential misuse by non-mod posters would gain a rapid and rather sharp response...

Cheers,

Itsallaugess

Been there. As many of you are aware my sense of humour can sometimes drift off course. Yes IAAG I do have a sense of humour - it's not in good shape though :lol:

Not long after I started posting I left a joke on Laughing Lemons. Later in the thread in response to a post and quite innocently I typed in

.................................................................................................................................. "This Thread is Locked"

It was in context with the way the thread was going and it was innocent but a moderator did follow up my post with "no it's not" :lol:

AiY(D)

jfgw
Lemon Quarter

Postby jfgw » June 12th, 2022, 3:13 pm

Since moderator messages may occur in quotations, it might be difficult to disable this "bug", e.g.,
moorfield wrote:Discovered by accident when replying to a post elsewhere. Anyone can post them, it would seem.

Moderator Message:
Is this a bug? If it is, there is all sorts of fun that can be had with it here... :twisted: :twisted:

Unless you have moderator privelages, you can only insert a mod box in your own message and, as has already been stated, any such "fun" is likely to be very short-lived.

Your membership of TLF might suffer a similar fate if you were to misuse quotation boxes,

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:Hey, imagine how much crazy stuff I could insert here and make out that it was written by AiY!

AiY(D)

Julian F. G. W.

MDW1954
Lemon Quarter

Postby MDW1954 » June 15th, 2022, 10:35 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:I very strongly suspect that any potential misuse by non-mod posters would gain a rapid and rather sharp response...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Yes.

MDW1954

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”