Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

"Mod Power"

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
mc2fool
Lemon Half

"Mod Power"

Postby mc2fool » July 25th, 2022, 11:38 pm

A general interest question about "mod power" arising from viewtopic.php?p=517184#p517184

Is "mod power" permanently on for moderators, or do they have to turn it on when they want to do moderator functions?

seagles
Lemon Slice

Re: "Mod Power"

Postby seagles » July 26th, 2022, 8:15 am

mc2fool wrote:A general interest question about "mod power" arising from viewtopic.php?p=517184#p517184

Is "mod power" permanently on for moderators, or do they have to turn it on when they want to do moderator functions?

"Mod power" is on all time on boards they are assigned too. If not an assigned board they are treated as "Joe public".

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » July 26th, 2022, 9:20 am

seagles wrote:
mc2fool wrote:A general interest question about "mod power" arising from viewtopic.php?p=517184#p517184

"Mod power" is on all time on boards they are assigned too. If not an assigned board they are treated as "Joe public".

Ok, thanks. IMO that's a poor choice by phpBB*, in general it's better security for privileged users to have to turn on those privileges when they want to do privileged functions, but ho hum, if that's the way it is then that's the way it is (and not only in phpBB of course...). Thanks. ;)

* the board software TLF uses

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » July 26th, 2022, 9:29 am

mc2fool wrote:
seagles wrote:

Ok, thanks. IMO that's a poor choice by phpBB*, in general it's better security for privileged users to have to turn on those privileges when they want to do privileged functions, but ho hum, if that's the way it is then that's the way it is (and not only in phpBB of course...). Thanks. ;)

* the board software TLF uses

I agree but it seems to be a common design choice among the various offerings (I suppose the rights go with the user and conceptually it would involve adding a modality which would increase complexity for something that's not really adding a visible feature)

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » July 27th, 2022, 6:48 pm

I am sorry I responded to a post on that locked thread. I hadn't even realised it was locked. I didn't hang around afterwards so it just passed me by.

Regards,
Chris

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » July 27th, 2022, 7:54 pm

csearle wrote:I am sorry I responded to a post on that locked thread. I hadn't even realised it was locked. I didn't hang around afterwards so it just passed me by.

Regards,
Chris

And I have an apology for you Chris, as in making my Room 101 thread post I'd incorrectly assumed that you'd done it deliberately, unlocking the thread to put in your reply and locking it again afterwards.

But now, as a result of this thread (which I was going to ask in the Room 101 thread but Clariman locked it as I was composing the reply...), I understand that you can do it blindly and unintentionally, so I apologise for thinking badly of you (if, in truth, it was only a little anyway ;)).

As I say above, IMO that's a poor implementation choice by phpBB, but that's hardly the mods fault....

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”