Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
Watis
Lemon Quarter

Re: Reply with quote

Postby Watis » February 10th, 2017, 8:47 am

Lootman wrote:
melonfool wrote:
Lootman wrote:Perhaps CK meant the "Polite Discussion" TLF board which looked for a while like the son of LOST. It was closed down recently, presumably because of the load it put on moderation. Perhaps they should have instead called it the "Impolite Discussions" board and not moderated it at all?

There is no need to 'presume' as to why it has been closed, there is a perfectly comprehensive punned post on the board explaining why and it makes sense that people read that rather than make up stories.

I don't think a discussion about how any board is (or is not) moderated is necessary.

Punned post? Don't understand.

CK made a comment about how he felt moderation should operate here and I agreed with him. Whether such comments are "necessary" doesn't enter into it.

Mel is suggesting that there is a post that was the subject of humorous wordplay. Or possibly a pinned post.

Watis

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » February 10th, 2017, 8:48 am

Lootman wrote:I agree and, personally, I don't need a moderator to fight my battles. I am happy to take my chances that I can hold my own in a debate.

No need to worry Lootman - the moderators aren't here to defend your honour, nor the honour of any other posters. The brave band of merry moderators are here to uphold the rules of the LemonFool. All hale the great Lemon. Huzzah!

ThirdWay

Postby ThirdWay » February 11th, 2017, 10:39 am

I'm probably being OCD but I really don't like the way this software draws the quotes. The opening quotation marks are in the wrong place and we don't get a closing pair.

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » February 11th, 2017, 2:33 pm

ThirdWay wrote:I'm probably being OCD but I really don't like the way this software draws the quotes. The opening quotation marks are in the wrong place and we don't get a closing pair.

Obviously quoting you like this will be even worse! But I agree it looks wrong. Maybe Stooz can be persuaded to edit the template? (https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2006725)

Biggles
2 Lemon pips

Postby Biggles » February 12th, 2017, 8:41 am

ThirdWay wrote:I'm probably being OCD but I really don't like the way this software draws the quotes. The opening quotation marks are in the wrong place and we don't get a closing pair.

I think your mistake is to see them as literal quote signs. Try just seeing them as the word 'Quote', ie an indication that a quote is to follow.

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”