Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Missing Page Numbers On Multi-Page Topics ?

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
PrefInvestor
Lemon Slice

Missing Page Numbers On Multi-Page Topics ?

Postby PrefInvestor » March 21st, 2019, 11:10 am

Hi,

I have had a strange effect sometimes on multipage topics (where a set of numbers and a > symbol are provided for the selection of the page that you want to display). The effect that I have experienced is that the number of pages displayed is sometimes incorrect eg it might display only 2 and a > when there are in fact 4 pages. I have sometimes found that a recent post that I have made apparently disappears because the page number that it is on isnt displayed. In those circumstances I have found that I can get to my post via my user profile but cant guarantee to get to it via the normal navigation method.

Now this is an intermittent problem and it doesnt happen all of the time. At first I just thought that my posts were just disappearing for some reason, but then I caught on to what was happening and found the workaround. I have no idea whether anyone else has experienced it.

I am using Google Chrome Version 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit) as my browser.

ATB

Pref

gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Re: Missing Page Numbers On Multi-Page Topics ?

Postby gryffron » March 21st, 2019, 12:29 pm

Is it consistent if you reload the same page? And which boards have you seen the problem on? Can you provide a link to an example?

It might be because a wad of posts have been deleted. i.e. There were 61 posts (4 pages) but 22 have been deleted leaving 39 (2 pages). Maybe this confuses the page numbering?

Gryff

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » March 21st, 2019, 12:39 pm

It might also be because a wad of posts have been moved to another topic - that would explain them being findable from the author's profile but not from the thread.

Gengulphus

PrefInvestor
Lemon Slice

Postby PrefInvestor » March 21st, 2019, 2:26 pm

OK I am experiencing the problem right now using chrome on the iPad for the following topic

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16785

If I go straight there using that link or via Home then Investors Roundtable and then Investment Strategies

then it tells me that there are only 2 pages to the topic, but I know that there are 4. I know that because I was thanked for a post by Dod101 which is on page 4. If I use the thanked list in my user profile and select “for post” then it correctly displays the post and shows that there are 4 pages in the topic.

Hopefully that will help you to identify the problem.

ATB

Pref

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » March 21st, 2019, 2:46 pm

PrefInvestor wrote:OK I am experiencing the problem right now using chrome on the iPad for the following topic

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16785

If I go straight there using that link or via Home then Investors Roundtable and then Investment Strategies

then it tells me that there are only 2 pages to the topic

That link goes to a topic in the Investment Strategies board titled "Should I top-slice any of our Marshalls holdings?", which contains 29 posts and so only needs 2 pages (20 posts per page).

PrefInvestor wrote:but I know that there are 4. I know that because I was thanked for a post by Dod101 which is on page 4. If I use the thanked list in my user profile and select “for post” then it correctly displays the post and shows that there are 4 pages in the topic.

Looking at your thanked list, the only post I can see that you have been thanked for by Dod101 is this one, viewtopic.php?p=208334#p208334, which is one on the Share Ideas board titled "Cutting our losses on Dominos Pizza and Dignity". That topic has 79 posts and so needs 4 pages.

PrefInvestor
Lemon Slice

Postby PrefInvestor » March 21st, 2019, 4:09 pm

Sorry, got my grandkids here at the moment so have got my hands full and haven’t got time to look at this right now. Sounds like I may have just got the topics mixed up but I will check later, apologies in advance if that is in fact the case.

Thanks for your quick response anyway.

Regards

Pref

PrefInvestor
Lemon Slice

Postby PrefInvestor » March 21st, 2019, 9:09 pm

Hi mc2fool, Well I’ve checked what you write earlier and you are correct, I must just have got the topics mixed up somehow and got myself confused. Still getting used to navigation on the LF.

Apologies for the false alarm, looks like it was my mistake. Probably happened due to trying to contribute to both topics at much the same time I don’t know.

Pref

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”