Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

No look March/ chunk of April

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
TUK020
Lemon Quarter

No look March/ chunk of April

Postby TUK020 » April 8th, 2019, 7:11 pm

As a result of returning from holiday really rather ill and then staying for an extended stay in hospital, I had an involuntary "No Look" 5 weeks. And all of this in a highly politically volatile and uncertain environment.

Updated my HYPTUSS.
Lo and behold, less than a % point increase in capital value, and no discernible change in forecast income.
I think this says something for the stability of a 30+ share portfolio roughly balanced in capital, leavened with a handful of I.T.s

Also, spent some considerable time catching up on TLF boards. As usual there were some gems. There was also a lot of argument with mods about "what PYAD really meant", that was less edifying.

Interesting experience.
Tuk020.

PS sorry for not being around to cheer on IAAG and Kiloran's launch of the latest version of HYPTUSS.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: No look March/ chunk of April

Postby Itsallaguess » April 8th, 2019, 7:32 pm

TUK020 wrote:
PS sorry for not being around to cheer on IAAG and Kiloran's launch of the latest version of HYPTUSS.

Hope you're on the mend TUK020, and I'm very pleased to say that the HYPTUSS release with your suggested improvements in it went very well indeed, so thanks once again for your valuable input into that process.

Do you think the forced embargo on your portfolio monitoring is likely to influence your future behaviour in that area?

It does rather wake one up to the fact that we're often simply not adding any value by carrying out high levels of inspection/monitoring/whateverelseary that we get up to, don't you think?

Now you've mentioned this, I've just realised that it's only 6.5 months until 'No Look November 2019' - now that's a worry!

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Postby TUK020 » April 9th, 2019, 8:49 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
Do you think the forced embargo on your portfolio monitoring is likely to influence your future behaviour in that area?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

I think I am likely to put "review Portfolio" in my action list for every 2 months, when I should have enough funds for a top, and leave in-between.
Bigger challenge is how to get better at sifting TLF for meaningful content. Already starting to use the "mark content read " button more widely

melonfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby melonfool » April 9th, 2019, 9:36 am

I theoretically review mine every two months.

As I have not been adding new money since I moved house in 2017, I've not had any actions to take so there seems little point mithering about it.

In reality I probably do my review every three months now.

I've just added to the SIPP so that needs to be put somewhere. I have c£700 in the ISA so that will soon need to be invested.

Other than that, until and unless I have a chunk of money to pay in or there is some compelling reason to consider changing things (can't think what - maybe a big company going under?), I'll leave it as it is I think.

In Jan 2020 my fixed rate cash ISA ends and I'll need to put that somewhere.

Mel

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”