Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Newbie alert!

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
TwistedFIREstarter

Newbie alert!

Postby TwistedFIREstarter » August 21st, 2019, 11:42 am

Hello all

After being an intermittent lurker for a while I finally got round to registering (thanks for your help Stooz). Just a note for anyone reading this who hasn't received your activation email - try emailing stooz at the website name (don't want to type in the full address for obvious reasons).

I mainly invest for the long term for income (kind of a HYP) with an occasional swing trade here and there for good measure. I currently have over 60 different holdings - a mixture of companies, investment trusts and ETFs. Still holding a good chunk of cash but (still) looking to be fully invested at some point (he says).

Don't know if this is the right place for intros so feel free to move this somewhere else if necessary.

Regards to all

Bill

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Newbie alert!

Postby csearle » August 21st, 2019, 2:58 pm

TwistedFIREstarter wrote:Don't know if this is the right place for intros so feel free to move this somewhere else if necessary.
Hi Bill, welcome to The Lemon Fool! This seems as good a place as any to start posting. You have probably seen already that there are numerous boards for all sorts of investing styles.

It might be worth while noting that there are guidelines for the HYP - Practical board because it was set up specifically for discussion of the "HYP" as made popular by Stephen Bland. The HYP - General board is much less specific.

The Company Share News board should only have one topic per company. The guidance provides an alphabetical list so you can check which ones already have a topic.

Apart from that most of the boards are fairly self-explanatory. Does Anyone Know is a great resource.

Cheers,
Chris

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » August 21st, 2019, 3:11 pm

TwistedFIREstarter wrote:Hello all

After being an intermittent lurker for a while I finally got round to registering (thanks for your help Stooz). Just a note for anyone reading this who hasn't received your activation email - try emailing stooz at the website name (don't want to type in the full address for obvious reasons).

I mainly invest for the long term for income (kind of a HYP) with an occasional swing trade here and there for good measure. I currently have over 60 different holdings - a mixture of companies, investment trusts and ETFs. Still holding a good chunk of cash but (still) looking to be fully invested at some point (he says).

Don't know if this is the right place for intros so feel free to move this somewhere else if necessary.

Regards to all

Bill

Can't help feeling that with your username, it would've been better if you'd signed off 'Keith' instead of Bill. :)

Welcome to TLF.

HYD

TwistedFIREstarter

Postby TwistedFIREstarter » August 21st, 2019, 6:22 pm

Hi csearle, Thanks. Try as I might, somehow I just know I'm going to fall foul of those guidelines. I expect my wrists will get smacked in due course (that's not a goal BTW!)

Howyoudoin, Thanks. Well, yes - Mr Flint was, from what I read following his death, a thoroughly nice chap indeed - not that you'd have guessed from his appearance in the iconic music video to which my username (partly) refers. The FIRE acronym I assume is familiar in these parts(?) I now rely entirely on generated income for... income, and I'm nowhere near official retirement age. Twisted - well that's me all over :D

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » August 21st, 2019, 7:50 pm

TwistedFIREstarter wrote:.... The FIRE acronym I assume is familiar in these parts(?) I now rely entirely on generated income for... income, and I'm nowhere near official retirement age. Twisted - well that's me all over :D

Not only familiar, there's an entire Board (nearly) dedicated to the subject:

Retirement Investing (inc FIRE)
https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=30

Oh and welcome, as they say.

As for potential slapped wrists, you may benefit from reading:

Board rules (as in most individual Boards on TLF, other than where there are additional Rules/Guidance etc)
https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/app.php/rules

There are volunteer Moderators on TLF and it does help them if posters try not to go too far off-topic, unless you are here https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=74. ;)

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » August 21st, 2019, 8:34 pm

Glad you got on, welcome!

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”