Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Thank you Wizard: Cut, Cancelled or Suspended Dividends

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Thank you Wizard: Cut, Cancelled or Suspended Dividends

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » April 1st, 2020, 8:12 am

This is a great idea for a thread.

Thanks for setting it up Wizard, and thank you to Darka for maintaining it's organisation. And everyone else for noticing the RNSs.

Matt

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: Thank you Wizard: Cut, Cancelled or Suspended Dividends

Postby PinkDalek » April 1st, 2020, 1:38 pm

For those who don't visit High Yield Portfolios (HYP) - Practical, the latest update to the useful thread is linked below:

viewtopic.php?p=296370#p296370

Noting from one of the Moderator Messages Once more: to make it crystal clear what we mean, if you're not adding to the list, don't post. It's a list, not a discussion.

As that list is mainly, I believe, HYP related it may be worthwhile noting other external sources are available.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » April 2nd, 2020, 1:37 pm

It does however seem a shame that (apparently as HOTC Hotel chocolats dividend announcement was disallowed), that the primary beneficiaries are presumably the income strategy investors of this site.

I imagine growth investors would also love to share such a resource where news considered a recent (in the midst of the covid-19 crisis) div cut in a stock they may be considering topping up is made visible.

Yes I am aware that the thread was created in the HYP Practical area, too.

thanks,
Matt

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » April 2nd, 2020, 2:24 pm

It would be a good idea to have a similar listing for Investment Trusts (of dividends reduced/cut, cancelled or suspended). I thought I had seen one somewhere, but can't find it on the Investment Trust board. Am I looking on the right board?

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » April 2nd, 2020, 2:40 pm

richfool wrote:It would be a good idea to have a similar listing for Investment Trusts (of dividends reduced/cut, cancelled or suspended). I thought I had seen one somewhere, but can't find it on the Investment Trust board. Am I looking on the right board?

Well seeing as the main source of the news is from a single site (investegate) and that most people would favour 1) looking at a single board on TLF to see this information and 2) only having the edit burden on a single thread, then perhaps the scope of the assets whose div cuts are reported should be widened, either by moving the thread or relaxing rules on it's entrants.

I'm not trying to start a silly HYP fight here, but merely to help nourish a resource that benefits all.

Matt

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » April 2nd, 2020, 2:45 pm

richfool wrote:
It would be a good idea to have a similar listing for Investment Trusts (of dividends reduced/cut, cancelled or suspended). I thought I had seen one somewhere, but can't find it on the Investment Trust board. Am I looking on the right board?

I started one for Investment Trusts here, over on High Yield Shares & Strategies -

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=22542

There's been a few updates on it, but they're all increases up to now. Perhaps too early for those to start filtering through yet though, I'd imagine.

There's also this Investment Trust discussion, which also has some posters updating IT dividend news-releases, which is fair because the above thread was really to capture any cuts etc.. -

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=22053

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » April 2nd, 2020, 2:52 pm

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:
I'm not trying to start a silly HYP fight here, but merely to help nourish a resource that benefits all.

Matt,

With regards to Hotel Chocolat, it yields just 0.8%, so any dividend cut clearly isn't of interest to HYP investors..

With regards to any interest to such a cut from 'growth investors', then I'd imagine that a potentially much more interesting resource for those types of investors might be a virus-thread listing major price-declines, but I don't see that one's been started...

The HYP thread is clearly taking a lot of effort to manage as the valid HYP-related cuts come in, and the guys are doing brilliantly in keeping the HYP income-community informed.

I really don't think it's fair to expect to make their life any harder regarding that thread-maintenance than it already is..

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » April 2nd, 2020, 2:54 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:
richfool wrote:

I started one for Investment Trusts here, over on High Yield Shares & Strategies -

There's been a few updates on it, but they're all increases up to now. Perhaps too early for those to start filtering through yet though, I'd imagine.

There's also this Investment Trust discussion, which also has some posters updating IT dividend news-releases, which is fair because the above thread was really to capture any cuts etc.. -

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Thanks.
As it's about Investment Trusts wouldn't it be more logical to put it on the Investment Trust board (which is where I went looking for it)?
(Some of the IT's might not be high yielders).

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » April 2nd, 2020, 2:57 pm

richfool wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:
richfool wrote:

Thanks.

As it's about Investment Trusts wouldn't it be more logical to put it on the Investment Trust board (which is where I went looking for it)?

(Some of the IT's might not be high yielders).

They're not about 'Investment Trusts'.

They're about 'Income-related Investment Trusts', as per the thread titles -

Income-related Investment Trusts - Virus-related dividend cuts

Income Investment Trusts - are these the times they (relatively...) shine?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » April 2nd, 2020, 2:59 pm

So I can't post about FCIT, Witan, Mid Wynd or other non-income focused Investment Trusts!

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » April 2nd, 2020, 3:01 pm

richfool wrote:
So I can't post about FCIT, Witan, Mid Wynd or other non-income focused Investment Trusts!

I'm not saying that at all.

I'm just saying that to do so would be off-topic for those particular threads, as they are clearly marked as focussing on 'Income-related Investment Trusts'..

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”