Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

User Profile Query

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
AJC5001
Lemon Slice

User Profile Query

Postby AJC5001 » May 17th, 2020, 8:08 pm

When I look at my Profile, I can see, amongst other stuff;
- Total Posts
- Most Active Forum and
- Most Active Topic.

When I look at other members profiles, some have the Most Active bits, some don't. For example;
Lootman
idpickering
redsturgeon
Dod101
BobbyD
PinkDalek
dspp

These happen to be the seven top posters on TLF, all being ranked as "Lemon Half".

Is there something significant about going over 5000 posts?

Or is it a bug?

Adrian

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: User Profile Query

Postby csearle » May 17th, 2020, 8:31 pm

AJC5001 wrote:Is there something significant about going over 5000 posts?

Or is it a bug?
Adrian, hi, I can't find an option to suppress this information in the user control panel and I agree that there is a mysterious correlation between number of posts and what is displayed.

Until I've heard anything different I'm going with the assumption that it is either a bug, as you suggest, or a minuscule benefit awarded to Half Lemons.

Maybe by the time one reaches the dizzy completeness of being a fully fledged Lemon one can zip in and out of discussions like a ninja leaving no trace!

Chris :)

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » May 17th, 2020, 11:08 pm

AJC5001 wrote:When I look at my Profile, I can see, amongst other stuff;
- Total Posts
- Most Active Forum and
- Most Active Topic.

When I look at other members profiles, some have the Most Active bits, some don't. ...

When I look at mine memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=259, to the right shows:

User statistics
Last active: -
Total posts: 5241 | Search user’s posts
(1.77% of all posts / 4.06 posts per day)

Is that what you see?

I may be mistaken but previously I think I saw Most active forum and Most active topic on mine. I'm perfectly content if it isn't shown.

Similar to what I see on yours memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=424.

Can you name those on your list that don't show the additional detail? Is there, for instance, any significant difference where the two Mods are concerned?

These happen to be the seven top posters on TLF

In so far as I am concerned, most active is not the same as top, far from it! :)

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Postby AJC5001 » May 18th, 2020, 12:08 am

PinkDalek wrote:
AJC5001 wrote:When I look at my Profile, I can see, amongst other stuff;
- Total Posts
- Most Active Forum and
- Most Active Topic.

When I look at other members profiles, some have the Most Active bits, some don't. ...

When I look at mine memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=259, to the right shows:

User statistics
Last active: -
Total posts: 5241 | Search user’s posts
(1.77% of all posts / 4.06 posts per day)

Is that what you see?

Yes, when I look at your profile, that is what I see as well.
I may be mistaken but previously I think I saw Most active forum and Most active topic on mine. I'm perfectly content if it isn't shown.

Similar to what I see on yours memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=424.

Can you name those on your list that don't show the additional detail? Is there, for instance, any significant difference where the two Mods are concerned?

All 7 on the list show the same lack of those details - no difference for the two Mods.

PinkDalek wrote:
AJC5001 wrote:These happen to be the seven top posters on TLF

In so far as I am concerned, most active is not the same as top, far from it! :)

You may say that, I couldn't possibly comment. ;)

Adrian

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » May 18th, 2020, 12:11 am

PinkDalek wrote:In so far as I am concerned, most active is not the same as top, far from it! :)

That is fighting talk!

But my vote for "top" poster goes to Itsallaguess, who has accrued 70% more "thanks" than anyone else.

He also has thanked more than anyone else except for dspp. I guess what goes around, comes around.

Is "in so far" not one word?

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » May 18th, 2020, 1:21 am

Lootman wrote:
PinkDalek wrote:In so far as I am concerned, most active is not the same as top, far from it! :)

That is fighting talk!...

I probably wasn't clear but I was talking about my limited input. Volume of posts isn't equivalent to value (a weak joke bringing value into the discussion I know).

Is "in so far" not one word?

I've seen it many a times as one word but it looks wrong to me. Your query caused me to look it up and it seems it might be catching on over here (unfortunately in my eyes) as per https://grammarist.com/words/insofar/ which would also probably explain why you thought my version looked odd to you.

I also see coop for Co-Op on TLF but I think I should get over to Pedants' Place to ask why.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » May 18th, 2020, 1:27 am

AJC5001 wrote:All 7 on the list show the same lack of those details - no difference for the two Mods.

I should have read your OP more carefully.

No idea if those were stooz introduced features or original phpBB® Forum Software items. If the former, maybe he didn't anticipate, when setting the feature up, that some of us would have so little to say but say it so often. In this instance, I'm not necessarily making the comment about me!

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » May 18th, 2020, 1:07 pm

PinkDalek wrote:
Lootman wrote:

That is fighting talk!...

I probably wasn't clear but I was talking about my limited input. Volume of posts isn't equivalent to value (a weak joke bringing value into the discussion I know).

Fair enough. That said I'd like to think that the site sponsors and the community both value those who are active and energetic here.

So is the intent of this anomaly to reward more prolific posters with an added later of anonymity?

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 18th, 2020, 1:24 pm

That's nothing. There is at least one member who is recorded as having made zero posts, yet has 'Been Thanked' five times!

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » May 18th, 2020, 1:32 pm

XFool wrote:That's nothing. There is at least one member who is recorded as having made zero posts, yet has 'Been Thanked' five times!

Wasn't you then :-)

Scott.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » May 18th, 2020, 3:06 pm

XFool wrote:That's nothing. There is at least one member who is recorded as having made zero posts, yet has 'Been Thanked' five times!

No visible posts to normal users but that’s not to say the poster never posted. Maybe he is marking time.

Some have on request or otherwise had all their posts deleted. Similarly posts at Testing are pruned regularly but any recs applied do not disappear.

There may be a difference between hard and soft deletions but I wouldn’t know the answer to that one.

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » May 18th, 2020, 4:07 pm

PinkDalek wrote:There may be a difference between hard and soft deletions but I wouldn’t know the answer to that one.

Hard deletions cannot be recovered, nor seen by moderators after deletion. Soft deletions can.

TJH

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » May 18th, 2020, 6:53 pm

tjh290633 wrote:
PinkDalek wrote:There may be a difference between hard and soft deletions but I wouldn’t know the answer to that one.

Hard deletions cannot be recovered, nor seen by moderators after deletion. Soft deletions can.

TJH

What I meant was do the recs disappear on a hard delete?

I think some of us tested soft deleted posts at Testing and they don’t disappear from there, if my memory is correct, if you get my drift.

I’ve never really understood why Testing is auto or maybe manually deleted anyway One of the best/most entertaining posts back at TMF was on their equivalent. Sure let people report their own tests if they are embarrassed or whatever but some of the stuff there would be useful to others if they remained.

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » May 18th, 2020, 7:42 pm

PinkDalek wrote:What I meant was do the recs disappear on a hard delete?

I think some of us tested soft deleted posts at Testing and they don’t disappear from there, if my memory is correct, if you get my drift.

I’ve never really understood why Testing is auto or maybe manually deleted anyway One of the best/most entertaining posts back at TMF was on their equivalent. Sure let people report their own tests if they are embarrassed or whatever but some of the stuff there would be useful to others if they remained.

I've never tried Hard delete, so can't comment. I imagine that it is all deleted, thanks and all.

TJH

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”