Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Double posting on Company News and HYP-P

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Re: Double posting on Company News and HYP-P

Postby moorfield » June 12th, 2020, 9:59 pm

Wizard wrote: Many posters on TLF are now not permitted to post on HYP-P as they are not HYP investors. Therefore I think it is now more important than ever that any discussion of the news item should be relevant only to the practical impact of running an HYP and more general discussion of the consequences of the news item should be on the Company News board.

I fear you are flogging a dead horse with this one Wizard. There is of course nothing to stop you reading HYP-P even if you are not permitted to post. Or differently put, you can look but you can't touch mate. One well known poster in particular who has submitted >90% of Company News posts on HYP-P has I see, since the new guidelines were announced, now posted recent items on Company News with a cross post from HYP-P. That seems to me the sensible and pragmatic, and indeed altruistic, way forward. Nothing more to see here really, is there?

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » June 13th, 2020, 12:50 pm

Alaric wrote:If posters are going to have posts deleted on HYP-P for being even mildly critical of the ideas behind "The HYP Strategy", is it a surprise that they choose to post elsewhere?

No, it's no surprise - and it also isn't unwanted. The admins and moderators have specifically told them to post elsewhere and have suggested a couple of places where criticism of the ideas behind HYP strategies could go - from the new guidelines:

For the avoidance of doubt, the practicalities of taking a HYP approach DO NOT include making decisions about whether to use such an approach, nor decisions about whether to stop using one, the effectiveness and performance of HYP strategies versus other strategies, the desirability or otherwise of investment trusts as an alternative to HYP shares, nor discussions of other types of approaches. Such issues should instead be discussed on the High Yield Shares & Strategies - General board, or on the Investment Strategies board. The guidelines for the former are here viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8652 .

Gengulphus

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » June 14th, 2020, 7:36 am

Moderator Message:
This thread has run its course for now and I am locking it and letting it stand as is rather than try to deal with the 10 or so outstanding reported posts it contains.

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”