Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Private messages

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
sg31
Lemon Quarter

Private messages

Postby sg31 » August 19th, 2020, 9:53 am

I've been in contact a few times with one member of TLF. I sent a reply to one of their messages and I don't know if it has been received. The message was sent at 2.24pm yesterday and it is shown in my outbox in brackets but not in sent messages.

I don't use private messages much so I don't know what the significance is. Maybe I have sent it but the other person has not yet read it or it hasn't actually been sent.

Can anyone explain please?

Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: Private messages

Postby Mike4 » August 19th, 2020, 11:03 am

sg31 wrote:I've been in contact a few times with one member of TLF. I sent a reply to one of their messages and I don't know if it has been received. The message was sent at 2.24pm yesterday and it is shown in my outbox in brackets but not in sent messages.

I don't use private messages much so I don't know what the significance is. Maybe I have sent it but the other person has not yet read it or it hasn't actually been sent.

There was a near identical thread started a few days ago. It turns out your sent message only moves from your Outbox to Sent Messages when the recipient opens and reads the message, AIUI. Most confusing.

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » August 19th, 2020, 11:04 am

sg31 wrote:I've been in contact a few times with one member of TLF. I sent a reply to one of their messages and I don't know if it has been received. The message was sent at 2.24pm yesterday and it is shown in my outbox in brackets but not in sent messages.

You have sent it but the other person has not yet read it. See this thread for more details.

Gengulphus

sg31
Lemon Quarter

Postby sg31 » August 19th, 2020, 6:56 pm

Thank you both for your replies

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”