Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Why I will not post on the Laughing Lemons Board anymore

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Why I will not post on the Laughing Lemons Board anymore

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » November 11th, 2020, 10:27 am

I've had a post removed from the Laughing Lemons Board and not been informed why.

At the very least that's not very courteous. I took time to respond to an event that I feel is an over-reaction to a post on that board.
Odds & Ends
Eveur notice how people who tell you to calm down are the ones who got you mad in the first place?

Actually, you can have a healthy sex life well into your lateur years. Assuming you can stand the sight of people your age naked.

If you're not supposed to stick Q-tips in your ears, what the hell are they for?

I don't make snowmen. If I'd wanted to hang around with a cold man with slush for brains, I'd still be married.

A friend will always tell you exactly what she thinks! So I guess that makes me friends with eveurybody.

Tried a thong yesteurday. I'm still trying to dig it out.

When the neighbors play music too loud, I dance naked. Shuts 'em down pretty quick.

Getting oldeur is like visiting an all-you-can-eat buffet. What should be hot is cold, what should be firm is limp, and the buns are bigger than anything else on the menu.

Women who think about remarrying should just throw some men's underweaur on the floor and shove all the blankets on the otheur side of the bed, instead.

To truly love anotheur, you must first love yourself. And it wouldn't kill you to wash your hands in between eitheur.

Moderator Message:
RS: Several messages have been received referring to your "hilarious" deliberate misspellings becoming tiresome. It must be taking you some time and effort to do and that extra effort on your part seems wasted here. Please stop. Any further examples of this type of post will be deleted.

I replied with the following
However humour is spelt or appreciated it is very subjective. What one person finds funny may be an insult to another.

At the upper end of the business being funny and earning a living from making people laugh, is, in my humble opinion, no mean feat.

At a less formal level sharing a joke with others could be considered a kindness I think. I tell hundreds of Dad jokes to my two ladies. None are any good. Most are rubbish. But there's a little need in me to want to make someone laugh, if even for a mere second. I'm not sure why.

I hope humour is prima fascie and will always view it as such. If the teller has another agenda I can always take satisfactory measures to omit their offerings from my sight.

AiY

Any chance we can engage in some constructive dialogue or are we witnessing how moderation will continue? I'm certainly not prepared to spend my time posting on a board where my posts are removed without explanation or indeed where others are informed that their humour is not welcome.

Thank you

AiY

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Why I will not post on the Laughing Lemons Board anymore

Postby redsturgeon » November 11th, 2020, 10:52 am

AiY

Your post was removed since it was very clearly off topic.

If you wish to have a constructive dialogue feel free to PM me.

John

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”