Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

New Lemons - Where can they introduce themselves?

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

New Lemons - Where can they introduce themselves?

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » February 21st, 2021, 8:23 pm

Is it worth considering having a "Welcome Board" for New Lemons?

Somewhere they could post and introduce themselves if they wanted?

AiY

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Re: New Lemons - Where can they introduce themselves?

Postby Gengulphus » February 21st, 2021, 11:03 pm

That board where new users could introduce themselves used to be the Biscuit Bar... Its renaming and re-tag-lining means that it's lost that function, or at the very least that it's no longer at all obvious that it has it. Oother than possibly for new users with the self-confidence to believe that their arrival significantly improves TLF!

Beerpig's Snug is probably the closest we now have to such a board. Not being a regular there, though, I have no real idea how suitable it is for the purpose - though I'm a bit doubtful, at least for those newcomers who are interested in serious financial discussion and not really in "off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion".

In short, this looks as though it's an unintended consequence of the recent changes to the Biscuit Bar. How serious an unintended consequence, I'm not certain.

Gengulphus

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » February 22nd, 2021, 9:03 am

Maybe in "quick links" there could be an addition of "first posts". That might allow some to "welcome" if they choose, new arrivals, and also potentially highlight unintended posts in the wrong place.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » February 22nd, 2021, 4:33 pm

Gengulphus wrote:That board where new users could introduce themselves used to be the Biscuit Bar... Its renaming and re-tag-lining means that it's lost that function, or at the very least that it's no longer at all obvious that it has it. Oother than possibly for new users with the self-confidence to believe that their arrival significantly improves TLF!

Beerpig's Snug is probably the closest we now have to such a board. Not being a regular there, though, I have no real idea how suitable it is for the purpose - though I'm a bit doubtful, at least for those newcomers who are interested in serious financial discussion and not really in "off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion".

In short, this looks as though it's an unintended consequence of the recent changes to the Biscuit Bar. How serious an unintended consequence, I'm not certain.

TMF used to have a user profile where you could, if you wanted, talk about yourself and even complete a pre-canned interview. That way one could introduce oneself without being intrusive.

I don't recall that I used either but would sometimes read the profile of others if they caught my eye.

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”