Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Invalid thank

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
88V8
Lemon Half

Invalid thank

Postby 88V8 » April 18th, 2021, 10:08 am

Trying to 'recc' as we used to say, a post, I first got an SQL error and then when I tried again I got Invalid Thank.

I presume this was nothing to do with impaired mobility on my part or the recees'.

It happened using Firefox.
I tried again using IE, and it worked as usual.
When I flipped back to Firefox and refreshed, the Recc was noted.

Just an oddity I guess. Must be hard making fora work nowadays with so many potential browsers.

V8

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Invalid thank

Postby csearle » April 18th, 2021, 11:47 pm

88V8 wrote:Trying to 'recc' as we used to say, a post, I first got an SQL error and then when I tried again I got Invalid Thank.

I presume this was nothing to do with impaired mobility on my part or the recees'.

It happened using Firefox.
I tried again using IE, and it worked as usual.
When I flipped back to Firefox and refreshed, the Recc was noted.

Just an oddity I guess. Must be hard making fora work nowadays with so many potential browsers.
The "Invalid thank" message comes I believe when a post that is already noted as having been thanked by you is thanked again. Normally this doesn't happen because the served page then only offers you a "Remove thank" button. If however a communication hiccup has occurred such that you are able to resend your thank, you then get this message.

Chris

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”