Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Lemonfool is getting competition

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
Meatyfool
Lemon Slice

Lemonfool is getting competition

Postby Meatyfool » November 4th, 2016, 2:39 pm

Unless I misread the post, adamccc on TMF (Stockopedia mouthpiece) is suggesting they are trying to set up a whole host of TMF style boards.

Good luck to them, but in a matter of hours I've acquired a "feeling" for lemonfool - it is created by Fools, for Fools and we can ensure that we do what it takes to keep the Fool ethos as much as we can.

Don't think anyone else can provide that.

Meatyfool..

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Re: Lemonfool is getting competition

Postby GrahamPlatt » November 4th, 2016, 3:19 pm

We need 'recs' adding. Meanwhile, I owe you one Meatyfool.

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » November 4th, 2016, 8:46 pm

I thought Leither's comment here was interesting:

The essence of what made the Fool attractive to me are:
1. The recs system and Best Of board.
2. The variety of boards on particular topics.
3. Threading system which was easy to navigate.
4. Philosophy and posting rules and moderation thereof (despite occasional complaints!)
5. Fools with a wide range of interests, experience and skills.

(post 55652)
http://boards.fool.co.uk/boards-closing-13456282.aspx?sort=whole

I too like the Recs system and BoB. It expands one's awareness and ability to zoom in on interesting topics on other Boards.

I appreciate however that not all former TMF functions may be supportable by the software here.

V8

SugarKane

Postby SugarKane » November 4th, 2016, 8:48 pm

I just like getting recs :)

Hello all!

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » November 4th, 2016, 8:52 pm

I do like the recs system and BoB - first thing I look(ed) at when visiting The Other Place
(Hello SK , how are you ?! Nice to see a post from you)

gbjbaanb
Lemon Slice

Postby gbjbaanb » November 4th, 2016, 10:38 pm

Another forum I frequent (AVForums, based on Xenforo) has like, funny, thanks, useful and agree flags on each post, that's a bit better than plain old recs! Lets hope whatever extension gets added has the option for more than just recs too.

Meatyfool
Lemon Slice

Postby Meatyfool » November 4th, 2016, 10:42 pm

gbjbaanb wrote:Another forum I frequent (AVForums, based on Xenforo) has like, funny, thanks, useful and agree flags on each post, that's a bit better than plain old recs! Lets hope whatever extension gets added has the option for more than just recs too.

Sounds good. One other poster has already mentioned that other boards have upvote and downvote burrons, and the down vote is a sure sign of contention and flaming as they can be taking in the wrong way.

Lemon fool is supposed to be a temporary venture - certainly doesn't appear that way to me now, but we can certainly discuss the merits of different types of BBC software. We are not tied in like we were with tmf, thank god!

Meatyfool..

gbjbaanb
Lemon Slice

Postby gbjbaanb » November 4th, 2016, 11:02 pm

Meatyfool wrote:
gbjbaanb wrote:Another forum I frequent (AVForums, based on Xenforo) has like, funny, thanks, useful and agree flags on each post, that's a bit better than plain old recs! Lets hope whatever extension gets added has the option for more than just recs too.

Sounds good. One other poster has already mentioned that other boards have upvote and downvote burrons, and the down vote is a sure sign of contention and flaming as they can be taking in the wrong way.

Lemon fool is supposed to be a temporary venture - certainly doesn't appear that way to me now, but we can certainly discuss the merits of different types of BBC software. We are not tied in like we were with tmf, thank god!

Meatyfool..

True (O King of Posers, sorry.. Posters), I posted that sentiment earlier, but it seems LF is running away with posts already! Its possible to convert from pphBB and I think we're already at the stage where this would have to happen if we were to move to different software, but it seems OK so far. I'm getting more used to it (though it may need a new server, a new theme and a new URL if the Fool part is judged to be a bit too Motley)

But none of that is beyond us techies. Let see what happens over the next two weeks. Cheers.

WessexMario

Postby WessexMario » November 5th, 2016, 1:43 pm

If only I could rec that post about "it would be good to have recs" !

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”