Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

The recipe has worsened.

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: The recipe has worsened.

Postby csearle » September 7th, 2021, 12:37 pm

Onthevolley wrote:He was a top geezer. A true gentleman.
He really was. Welcome to The Lemon Fool!

Chris

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Re: The recipe has worsened.

Postby Bink333 » September 20th, 2021, 1:36 pm

B*gger.

I completely missed this. Oddly enough, the reason I missed this, is because the person that made sure I didn't miss threads like these was Peter. I suppose it's a bit much to expect him to send me a nudging email to see a thread about his own passing, but I wouldn't have put it past him.

He was one of a kind. Extremely intelligent, articulate, and sharing a unique LOoTPian sense if humour, That, and Skunk(s). Alpha Sheep was proud of Peter, as was Widdy, because Peter was a heartbeat at the more frivolous boards at TMF and TLF, as well as upon some more serious ones. He was never likely to miss any significant landmarks, and boy did he love his loon day posts (anniversary posts with balloon icons attached). I think he loved his loons almost as much as his cricket!

It wasn't all fun and games though, he and I had some very detailed conversations by telephone and email about problems with scammers. At TMF the scams board was routinely troubled by dastardly scammers wanting to have their names removed from public view, and Peter was even involved in a case that went to court. Scammer vs TMF IIRC. George Row and Peter defended TMF admirably, despite the financial cost, and it was a board for all of us to be proud of. Peter played a huge part in that. His ability to search the internet, including long since closed boards & pages was legendary, and he could sniff out a Bink in an office in South London without batting an eyelid. I never did ask how he found me and telephoned me at work, but I suppose there was a trail of sorts I'd left to follow, although ONLY Peter would ever have done that.

When I turned 50 a few years back, I had the idea (after some pestering from my youngest step-daughter) - to visit the world via the restaurants of London. There are so many in our cosmopolitan capital, and with the help of internet search and customer review tools I put together a Bink-list (which I've yet to complete admittedly) of the 'best' independently owned restaurants that showcase their countries' cuisine. With a Fool social coming up and Peter keen for me to attend, we decided to book one, on the Friday afternoon before, together with MrC. Random determined we went to "Afghanistan" - which led to a booking at a place called Arianna II in Kilburn. It didn't have a licence, so Peter bought some tins with him. It was cheap, the food & service were exceptional, and we reminisced about TMF, TLF, our favourite boards and our fellow Fools, spending a most excellent afternoon mostly talking complete nonsense. I never did hand over the list of restaurants, telling him to DHOPDR, but I did visit both his Austrian recommendation, and MrC's French recommendation within the year.

From Afghanistan, we joined up with the social, having started a good few hours ahead of the rest of the Lemon Crew - and it probably showed.

I've let MrC know, as I can see that he sent Peter and I a dolbadarn themed email toward the end of July, and like me rather relied upon Peter to keep us informed of the more important threads... usually involving loons admittedly, or LMs, and of course an occasional Bink.

Nothing wrong with an occasional Bink...

Fare thee well rusty tinpot. You'll be sorely missed.

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”