Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Another scam ad perhaps?

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Another scam ad perhaps?

Postby csearle » June 25th, 2021, 3:30 pm

pje16 wrote:Great posts
I don't watch ads on TV (Netflix and Prime don't have them) and anything terrestrial tv is taped and the fast foward button comes in to play when an advert arrives, so I don't feel the need to see them on the Internet either
and don't get me started on branded clothes I asked someone once if Nike were paying him to have that big tick on his T shirt, well why not, he is advertising them :lol:
I once knew someone with exactly the same philosophy (Lifeguard at Southampton IIRC). Refused point blank to advertise a brand, even just a tiny logo. I too am not keen (although I have been known to wear a Motley Fool cap and have even pointed peeps to a way of procuring a Lemonfool badge in the past). C.

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » June 25th, 2021, 3:36 pm

csearle wrote:I once knew someone with exactly the same philosophy (Lifeguard at Southampton IIRC). Refused point blank to advertise a brand, even just a tiny logo. I too am not keen (although I have been known to wear a Motley Fool cap and have even pointed peeps to a way of procuring a Lemonfool badge in the past). C.
I don't mind thing like website caps, badges as that's ones choice to promote
I have babybmw.net stickers in my car window, but you pay through nose for branded clothes maybe that's my gripe ;)
Moderator Message:
Quotes, er, rationalised. - Chris

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » June 25th, 2021, 3:39 pm

pje16 wrote:Great posts
I don't watch ads on TV (Netflix and Prime don't have them) and anything terrestrial tv is taped and the fast foward button comes in to play when an advert arrives, so I don't feel the need to see them on the Internet either
and don't get me started on branded clothes I asked someone once if Nike were paying him to have that big tick on his T shirt, well why not, he is advertising them :lol:

My mum worked in a charity shop where lots of our clothes came from. My mum brought back a Ralph Lauren cardigan back for my dad and he insisted on having the logo unpicked because it was free advertising.

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » June 25th, 2021, 4:17 pm

Clariman wrote:My mum worked in a charity shop where lots of our clothes came from. My mum brought back a Ralph Lauren cardigan back for my dad and he insisted on having the logo unpicked because it was free advertising.

Good man
Let me shake his hand (oops bump elbows in the current climate :lol:)

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”