Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Could not the HYPP and HYSS sections both be moved

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
1nvest
Lemon Quarter

Could not the HYPP and HYSS sections both be moved

Postby 1nvest » September 18th, 2021, 1:34 am

Moderator Message:
This post has been moved to a place where it is not off-topic. It was originally on this thread- Chris

csearle wrote:
JohnnyCyclops wrote:I respect the decision, if it's OT for this thread.

However, having a benchmark to measure a HYP's performance is a very practical tool. A benchmark can be an index (I choose FTSE100 TR). And a measureable/accessible form of an index can be an ETF index tracker. T'was only that. I accept it might then read as "invest in HYP or an index tracker (ETF)?" which was not the intent of those posts.
I think that is the crux of the matter. The way you present it here it seems to me perfectly reasonable and on-topic. The way I read the posts (whilst I was deciding what to do with them) was completely different. They seemed to me to be advocating a different strategy - which is not allowed here. Eventually as it turned out events overtook me as my friend Malcolm was quicker off the mark. :) C.

Could not the HYPP and HYSS sections both be moved behind the need to login area as they're both clearly relative to just a subset group that otherwise report/flame posts that deviate from what they opine should only be discussed?

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Re: Could not the HYPP and HYSS sections both be moved

Postby Gengulphus » September 18th, 2021, 8:36 am

1nvest wrote:
csearle wrote:

However, having a benchmark to measure a HYP's performance is a very practical tool. A benchmark can be an index (I choose FTSE100 TR). And a measureable/accessible form of an index can be an ETF index tracker. T'was only that. I accept it might then read as "invest in HYP or an index tracker (ETF)?" which was not the intent of those posts.
I think that is the crux of the matter. The way you present it here it seems to me perfectly reasonable and on-topic. The way I read the posts (whilst I was deciding what to do with them) was completely different. They seemed to me to be advocating a different strategy - which is not allowed here. Eventually as it turned out events overtook me as my friend Malcolm was quicker off the mark. :) C.

Could not the HYPP and HYSS sections both be moved behind the need to login area as they're both clearly relative to just a subset group that otherwise report/flame posts that deviate from what they opine should only be discussed?

I'm sorry, but I simply don't understand what you mean by "the need to login area", let alone what moving HYP Practical and High Yield Shares & Strategies behind it would entail. Could you clarify what you're suggesting, please?

Gengulphus

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » September 18th, 2021, 9:26 am

1nvest wrote:Could not the HYPP and HYSS sections both be moved behind the need to login area as they're both clearly relative to just a subset group that otherwise report/flame posts that deviate from what they opine should only be discussed?

Alternatively don't post on those boards

AiY

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » September 18th, 2021, 9:53 am

1nvest wrote:Could not the HYPP and HYSS sections both be moved behind the need to login area as they're both clearly relative to just a subset group that otherwise report/flame posts that deviate from what they opine should only be discussed?

What, like CaN?

I'm not hard-core HYP and I do sometimes push the envelope by mentioning things that aren't HYP, but I've never understood the persistent rudeness of some posters who insist on poking at a philosophy they don't agree with, just because they don't agree with it.
Doesn't make them wrong of course, and they can poke all they like on HYSS. A bit of poking is a good thing, in a way, question the logic, otherwise it becomes an echo chamber, but all the boards have boundaries to pertinent content and I think it rude to disregard those boundaries in the way that some posters - not you of course - persistently do.

The two HYP boards have more traffic than all the other investment boards put together. That fact may wind some people up - not you of course - but there it is.

So no, I don't think they should be hidden, I just think a little more politeness, please.

V8

JohnnyCyclops
Lemon Slice

Postby JohnnyCyclops » September 18th, 2021, 11:06 am

1nvest wrote:
Moderator Message:
This post has been moved to a place where it is not off-topic. It was originally on this thread- Chris

csearle wrote:

I'm not sure "login" has anything to do with my post, and its subsequent treatment. There are plenty of boards on TLF I never open or read. You may just wish to read the boards that interest you, and not the others. Right now I'm reading the Taxes board (possibly for the first time in a decade across TMF/TLF!) because I've got a tax query going around my head.

TL;DR - read the boards you want and skip the rest

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » September 18th, 2021, 11:40 am

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”