Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

dspp - Missed

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

dspp - Missed

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » October 30th, 2021, 11:02 am

I can only speak for myself. DSPP is taking a rest. However, can I ask anyone who has contact with this poster and moderator to pass my kind regards to him please and to let him know he is genuinely missed within the community. I recall DSPP was a male member of the community?

Thank you and whilst I'm at it can I thank the site's admin team and moderators for yet another week of UN patrols :) And they provide that for free - I think the living below your means board should be flooded with recommendations about the value they all bring to this site.

AiY
Last edited by csearle on October 30th, 2021, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To correct dspp's username.

XFool
The full Lemon

Re: dspp - Missed

Postby XFool » October 30th, 2021, 11:54 am

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:I can only speak for myself. DSPP is taking a rest. However, can I ask anyone who has contact with this poster and moderator to pass my kind regards to him please and to let him know he is genuinely missed within the community.

To be certain, you mean dspp.

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:I recall DSPP was a male member of the community?

You might like to slightly rejig that...

It would be genuinely interesting to know what proportion of TLF membership are female, or if any of the moderators ever have been. Perhaps it would help if they were?

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:Thank you and whilst I'm at it can I thank the site's admin team and moderators for yet another week of UN patrols :) And they provide that for free - I think the living below your means board should be flooded with recommendations about the value they all bring to this site.

Indeed.

The trouble is, recently they seem to be dropping like flies.

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » October 30th, 2021, 11:56 am

XFool wrote:It would be genuinely interesting to know what proportion of TLF membership are female, or if any of the moderators ever have been. Perhaps it would help if they were?

melonfool is female and was a moderator, but gave it up a couple of years ago. No idea about how many females are members, as that is not a question asked of them. Some declare their status, of course.

TJH

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » October 30th, 2021, 1:45 pm

tjh290633 wrote:
XFool wrote:It would be genuinely interesting to know what proportion of TLF membership are female, or if any of the moderators ever have been. Perhaps it would help if they were?

melonfool is female and was a moderator, but gave it up a couple of years ago. No idea about how many females are members, as that is not a question asked of them. Some declare their status, of course.

TJH

Either way, the sex of a moderator is immaterial. They are charged with carrying out a difficult job, no matter what sex they are. and should be given the due respect their position commands.

Ian.

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » October 30th, 2021, 3:04 pm

Moderator Message:
Please take care when commenting on this topic not to stray into discussion of moderation. (chas49)

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » October 30th, 2021, 4:40 pm

chas49 wrote:
Moderator Message:
Please take care when commenting on this topic not to stray into discussion of moderation. (chas49)

Hi Chas,

My comment referring to the moderators was "tongue-in-cheek" when referring to their UN patrols. It wasn't intended to cause offense but merely throw light on how effective the work they do really is. However, if in that pursuit, I have failed to carry my intended message may I apologise please.

Thank you

Take care

AiY
Happily standing facing the corner of this cyber room :)

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » October 30th, 2021, 5:18 pm

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:
chas49 wrote:
Moderator Message:

Hi Chas,

My comment referring to the moderators was "tongue-in-cheek" when referring to their UN patrols. It wasn't intended to cause offense but merely throw light on how effective the work they do really is. However, if in that pursuit, I have failed to carry my intended message may I apologise please.

Thank you

Take care

AiY
Happily standing facing the corner of this cyber room :)

Moderator Message:
My previous moderator comment was not aimed at any individual poster - several posts in this topic have been on the edge of discussing moderation. Your apology is acknowledged even if it wasn't required.

No further comments on this please. (chas49)

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » October 30th, 2021, 5:51 pm

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:I can only speak for myself. DSPP is taking a rest. However, can I ask anyone who has contact with this poster and moderator to pass my kind regards to him please and to let him know he is genuinely missed within the community. I recall DSPP was a male member of the community?

Thank you and whilst I'm at it can I thank the site's admin team and moderators for yet another week of UN patrols :) And they provide that for free - I think the living below your means board should be flooded with recommendations about the value they all bring to this site.

AiY
I'll try to pass on your message as the late PinkDalek revealed to me his identity and I'm pretty sure I can Poirot out his email address. :)

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » October 30th, 2021, 6:26 pm

csearle wrote:
AsleepInYorkshire wrote:I can only speak for myself. DSPP is taking a rest. However, can I ask anyone who has contact with this poster and moderator to pass my kind regards to him please and to let him know he is genuinely missed within the community. I recall DSPP was a male member of the community?

AiY
I'll try to pass on your message as the late PinkDalek revealed to me his identity and I'm pretty sure I can Poirot out his email address. :)

I can use his registered email address if you like.

SteMiS
Lemon Quarter

Postby SteMiS » October 30th, 2021, 7:10 pm

I suspect the majority of posters (probably membership) are middle class, older than average, white males. It's pretty much a description of me so it's not an insult just a reality, but it does rather skew the discussions...

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » October 30th, 2021, 8:01 pm

Clariman wrote:I can use his registered email address if you like.
Thanks, that sounds like a better way. :) C.

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » October 30th, 2021, 9:53 pm

csearle wrote:
Clariman wrote:I can use his registered email address if you like.
Thanks, that sounds like a better way. :) C.

I have emailed dspp to let him know about this topic, but have also copied AiY's first post in my email, so that it does not force him to visit the site if he does not want to.

Clariman

BobbyD
Lemon Half

Postby BobbyD » October 31st, 2021, 8:58 am

XFool wrote:It would be genuinely interesting to know what proportion of TLF membership are female, or if any of the moderators ever have been

Surely it should be more than enough to know how the mods currently identify?*

As I recall Mel was simultaneously female and a mod.

* I don't do emojis.

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » October 31st, 2021, 10:30 am

XFool wrote:It would be genuinely interesting to know what proportion of TLF membership are female, or if any of the moderators ever have been.

You mean whether the mods used to be female, but changed?
Or changed and then changed back?

Anyway, I also miss DSPP whatever he is or was.

V8

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”