Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Beerpigs snug

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
Moosehoosenew
Lemon Pip

Beerpigs snug

Postby Moosehoosenew » December 17th, 2021, 8:48 pm

Hard to work out why you would move this friendly forum, I am sure it is not easy to run Lemonfool, but also sure moving a gentle decent popular forum off the top a mistake.

It's your forum, of course, I do not need a reason, or a reply, just gobsmacked.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Beerpigs snug

Postby csearle » December 17th, 2021, 10:23 pm

Moosehoosenew wrote:Hard to work out why you would move this friendly forum, I am sure it is not easy to run Lemonfool, but also sure moving a gentle decent popular forum off the top a mistake.

It's your forum, of course, I do not need a reason, or a reply, just gobsmacked.
I think the thrust of the changes were driven by trying to imagine how a brand-new user of the site would perceive The Lemon Fool upon first encountering it. "Beerpig's Snug" would probably mean nothing. So the introductory and welcoming parts were emphasised over all else.

But I think, notwithstanding this, your point is quite valid because Beerpig's Snug is indeed a very popular virtual pub that almost certainly could do with a special mention (and link) in the Welcome to the Lemon Fool (TLF) area so that those that know of it, and those that don't yet, are made aware of its existence and where it can be found.

Doubtless the site owners will see your post and respond shortly.

Regards,
Chris

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » December 17th, 2021, 11:35 pm

At the risk of trying to be of some help but ultimately talking out of my [expletive deleted] can I make a small suggestion please? (Noting that my pink marshmallows are the same as my buttocks :lol: )

Should we ask Stooz and Clariman to consider if the Title of the Sub Folder should be changed to

Lemon Lounge - None Financial Discussions?

Or something along a similar conceptual thought line?

Thank you

Take care

AiY

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » December 18th, 2021, 1:39 pm

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:At the risk of trying to be of some help but ultimately talking out of my Pink marshmallows can I make a small suggestion please? (Noting that my pink marshmallows are the same as my buttocks :lol: )

Should we ask Stooz and Clariman to consider if the Title of the Sub Folder should be changed to

Looking at index.php, the following subfolders are all very largely for non-financial discussions:

About the Site
Lemon-Aid
Lemon Lounge
Travel Lounge
Interests - Culture, Leisure, Food and Nature
Polite Debate & Discussion
Any Other Business

I.e. that name change would actively indicate that it's where to look for a lot of boards that aren't in the Lemon Lounge.

Gengulphus

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » December 19th, 2021, 1:06 pm

csearle wrote:
Moosehoosenew wrote:Hard to work out why you would move this friendly forum, I am sure it is not easy to run Lemonfool, but also sure moving a gentle decent popular forum off the top a mistake.

I think the thrust of the changes were driven by trying to imagine how a brand-new user of the site would perceive The Lemon Fool upon first encountering it. "Beerpig's Snug" would probably mean nothing. So the introductory and welcoming parts were emphasised over all else.

But I think, notwithstanding this, your point is quite valid because Beerpig's Snug is indeed a very popular virtual pub that almost certainly could do with a special mention (and link) in the Welcome to the Lemon Fool (TLF) area so that those that know of it, and those that don't yet, are made aware of its existence and where it can be found.

Doubtless the site owners will see your post and respond shortly.

Regards,
Chris

Replying to you both in one post ....

Moosehoosenew - Chris has accurately explained the rationale for moving the Lemon Lounge group, which is where Beerpig's Snug sits. Hopefully the changes, as a whole, make the site more welcoming and understandable for new users.

The changes were first announced on 9th November https://lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=32028
The "Lemon Lounge" group will be moved further down the list. The community aspect of TLF remains important so this is not an attempt to relegate it, but it shouldn't be the first thing new users see when they visit the site. It will probably go in between "Managing Your Finances" and "Lemon-Aid".

I then announced I was about to carry out the changes on 7th December https://lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=32389

Chris - I'll see if I can do as you suggest without reducing the clarity and helpfulness of the welcome messages.

Cheers
Clariman

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » December 19th, 2021, 1:07 pm

Gengulphus wrote:
AsleepInYorkshire wrote:At the risk of trying to be of some help but ultimately talking out of my Pink marshmallows can I make a small suggestion please? (Noting that my pink marshmallows are the same as my buttocks :lol: )

Looking at index.php, the following subfolders are all very largely for non-financial discussions:

About the Site
Lemon-Aid
Lemon Lounge
Travel Lounge
Interests - Culture, Leisure, Food and Nature
Polite Debate & Discussion
Any Other Business

I.e. that name change would actively indicate that it's where to look for a lot of boards that aren't in the Lemon Lounge.

Gengulphus

Also responding to two posters in one here rather than separately.

Noting both your points, we could consider changing the name to "Lemon Lounge (General Chat)" or similar?

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » December 19th, 2021, 1:11 pm

Moderator Message:
I am going to move this topic to Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat (the old "Improve the Recipe" board), because it is more suited to that than Suggestions to Improve the Site.

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » December 19th, 2021, 1:21 pm

The Snug is referenced in the How to Use the Site. Is this sufficient?

Lemon Lounge: Informal chat areas (e.g. a virtual pub ‘snug’ and a jokes board) and a place to raise issues about the site

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » December 19th, 2021, 5:03 pm

Clariman wrote:The Snug is referenced in the How to Use the Site. Is this sufficient?
Maybe capital "S" as it is the name of the pub? C.

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » December 19th, 2021, 5:12 pm

csearle wrote:
Clariman wrote:The Snug is referenced in the How to Use the Site. Is this sufficient?
Maybe capital "S" as it is the name of the pub? C.

I've given it its full name with capitals :D

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”