Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Where to post about buy-in-dip, liquidity, volatility etc.

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Where to post about buy-in-dip, liquidity, volatility etc.

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » January 11th, 2022, 11:00 am

Hi folks,

First question, is this the new biscuit bar board?

Second actual question, what's the best board to discuss a stock purchasing experience I had today re. stock price spreads, opportunistic buy-in-dip purchases, liquidity, volatility?

thanks Matt

TUK020
Lemon Quarter

Re: Where to post about buy-in-dip, liquidity, volatility etc.

Postby TUK020 » January 11th, 2022, 1:22 pm

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:Hi folks,

Second actual question, what's the best board to discuss a stock purchasing experience I had today re. stock price spreads, opportunistic buy-in-dip purchases, liquidity, volatility?

thanks Matt

a) don't know
b) don't know, but I have just dived in to do an opportunistic top up of SMT this morning

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » January 11th, 2022, 1:31 pm

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:First question, is this the new biscuit bar board?
The Biscuit Bar became Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe, which was then split into Suggestions to Improve the Site for constructive suggestions and this board, Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat, mainly for problems with, and chat about, the site. So not quite a Yes, and not quite a No. C.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » January 11th, 2022, 1:32 pm

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:Second actual question, what's the best board to discuss a stock purchasing experience I had today re. stock price spreads, opportunistic buy-in-dip purchases, liquidity, volatility?
Brokers and Share Dealing maybe? C.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » January 11th, 2022, 1:48 pm

csearle wrote:
The Biscuit Bar became Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe, which was then split into Suggestions to Improve the Site for constructive suggestions and this board, Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat, mainly for problems with, and chat about, the site. So not quite a Yes, and not quite a No. C.

Only conceptually a split. This board is in fact the original Biscuit Bar board, just after several renames as you note, and still has all of its posts back to 4-Nov-2016 when TLF came into existence.

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » January 12th, 2022, 9:00 am

mc2fool wrote:
csearle wrote:

Only conceptually a split. This board is in fact the original Biscuit Bar board, just after several renames as you note, and still has all of its posts back to 4-Nov-2016 when TLF came into existence.

Both csearle and mc2fool are correct. In essence the original Biscuit Bar is split into two as csearle said. However mc2fool is correct that the Biscuit Bar/Improve the Recipe historical posts are all still here.

Looking forward they are split. Looking back this is the archive.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » January 15th, 2022, 11:51 am

Clariman wrote:
mc2fool wrote:
csearle wrote:

Both csearle and mc2fool are correct. In essence the original Biscuit Bar is split into two as csearle said. However mc2fool is correct that the Biscuit Bar/Improve the Recipe historical posts are all still here.

I hate to say this Clariman, but I think it's to the site's detriment, that a board which this type of content isn't

1. More prominently placed (i.e. in the first section in the home page)
2. More sexily named

I'm just saying this because I think that in the days of Biscuit Bar, my OP may have received a larger variety of responses. Just me sharing a view.

Matt

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » January 15th, 2022, 12:56 pm

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:
Clariman wrote:
mc2fool wrote:
csearle wrote:

I hate to say this Clariman, but I think it's to the site's detriment, that a board which this type of content isn't

1. More prominently placed (i.e. in the first section in the home page)
2. More sexily named

I'm just saying this because I think that in the days of Biscuit Bar, my OP may have received a larger variety of responses. Just me sharing a view.

Matt

Hi Matt. I am interested to hear your views. Up until the changes there was no welcome or introduction to the site and the place to ask the questions about where to post on a topic was a strangely named Biscuit Bar/Improve the Recipe.

If someone has a question about where to post then they can ask it right at the top here https://lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=32427 which is prominent, although it is absolutely fine to ask on this board too. If they have suggestions for the site, the there is a prominent board for that too.

Regarding this board I'm quite happy to give it a more sexy name if you have any suggestions.

I'd appreciate any further thoughts or comments in the light of the above.

C

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » January 16th, 2022, 8:01 am

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:Hi folks,

thanks Matt

This sort of topic will be welcome on the Technical Analysis board, Matt.

GS

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”