Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

What happened to common sense/Pedantic moderation

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
richfool
Lemon Quarter

What happened to common sense/Pedantic moderation

Postby richfool » February 1st, 2022, 10:38 am

Yesterday, due to a dearth of posts about investment matters, a joke came into my head, which I posted as a joke on the "Laughing Lemons" board, - a comment about Boris having a party to celebrate the Gray report on parties. Quite clearly nothing more than a light-hearted joke, and as I say, posted on the "Laughing Lemons" board. I added a further comment to reinforce the joke, wondering if they would be playing musical chairs to determine who had to go.

This was my post, which note I had posted on the Laughing Lemons board:
viewtopic.php?p=477491#p477491

Unfortunately after an initial couple of joke replies to my OP, a couple of posters failed to see that it was on the Laughing Lemons board and started posting serious responses about the Gray Report. At that point I spotted the situation and diligently reported one of those posts AND my own OP emphasising that my OP was a joke on the jokes board, not a serious comment.

Unfortunately, within seconds of me reporting those posts, the thread was moved to the Polite Discussions board, my reports were rapidly cleared, then the thread got locked, with a comment about not making political jokes.

All I can say, God help us, if one cannot make a simple joke on the very board intended for that purpose, particularly when the rest of the country is doing nothing but make jokes about the "parties at no 10 situation. The whole of a BBC radio 4 programme last Saturday was focused on just that.

IMV the fault lay with the one or two posters that couldn't read that my OP was on the Laughing Lemons board, and posted serious responses, and the moderator who then rather than remove those posts, chose to move the whole thread to the wrong board and then presumably realising that wasn't appropriate, subsequently locked it.

My OP: viewtopic.php?p=477491#p477491

I have to say, I have followed Lemon Fool since it was set up,(and Motely Fool before that) predominantly for the investment material (and particularly Investment Trust content), with an occasional digression into Nat Ins matters, Brexit and holiday matters. Unfortunately the investment content has reduced considerably over the last year, and I have correspondingly reduced my input. However, this latest insult (as I see it) leaves me feeling that maybe its time for me to part ways with LF.
Last edited by richfool on February 1st, 2022, 10:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

RockRabbit
Lemon Slice

Re: What happened to common sense/Pedantic moderation

Postby RockRabbit » February 1st, 2022, 10:49 am

I don't normally agree with anything Richfool posts (!), but I agree with him (?) that this particular piece of moderation is confusing. The description beneath Laughing Lemons states 'Laughter is the best medicine, find and post jokes. nothing too saucy please, Dad jokes, Current news jokes..'. Does that mean no jokes about current news or not? If so, the sentence also means no 'dad jokes', why ever not? Furthermore, we've previously had jokes relating to current affairs in Laughing Lemons which were not moved, so there appears perhaps to be a lack of consistency here?

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » February 1st, 2022, 11:20 am

yes some locked posts are a bit confusing as to why
Perhaps a smilie in the title would have helped :D

Edit
Whoops Smilies in titles don't work - that's probably sensible ;)

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » February 1st, 2022, 1:09 pm

Moderator Message:
The same post was posted on Room 101 which was perfectly appropriate as an escalation to admin. An admin has responded there and reinstated the joke posts. Therefore I will lock this DUPLICATE posting. Clariman

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”