Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Notification won't disppear

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Notification won't disppear

Postby bluedonkey » March 7th, 2022, 10:09 am

I have a "thanks" notification that won't go away even when I follow the link to the message. Other notifications do disappear after being clicked on but this one just stays there.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: Notification won't disppear

Postby mc2fool » March 7th, 2022, 1:03 pm

bluedonkey wrote:I have a "thanks" notification that won't go away even when I follow the link to the message. Other notifications do disappear after being clicked on but this one just stays there.

What if you try clicking on Notifications at the top right, then on See All at the bottom of the notifications list, and then ticking the offending thank in the MARK READ column and then scrolling to the bottom and clicking the Mark read button...?

bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Postby bluedonkey » March 7th, 2022, 1:10 pm

mc2fool wrote:
bluedonkey wrote:I have a "thanks" notification that won't go away even when I follow the link to the message. Other notifications do disappear after being clicked on but this one just stays there.

What if you try clicking on Notifications at the top right, then on See All at the bottom of the notifications list, and then ticking the offending thank in the MARK READ column and then scrolling to the bottom and clicking the Mark read button...?

Thanks, that helped. Oddly I couldn't tick one box as read, I had to mark all as read. Anyway, sorted now.

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Postby GrahamPlatt » March 7th, 2022, 1:29 pm

I’ve had the same. For some months a single notification which refused to disappear, despite having been read. I know which message it refers to (from a mod). So I followed the instructions above. There’s nothing different about the mod message than any of the others in the list, but I ticked the box and clicked on ‘mark read’. Lo & behold, the nuisance ‘notification’ has gone.
Thanks.

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”