Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

An open apology - red sturgeon

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

An open apology - red sturgeon

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » June 10th, 2022, 1:57 pm

I am not sure if this is the correct board. I can't seem to find anywhere more appropriate.

Our moderators are the reason why we enjoy a good atmosphere on the boards. And they do it free of charge. Respect.

Last week I crossed the boundary of kindness and tolerance when responding to one of our moderators. I am aware that forum rules do not allow us to discuss moderation decisions on the boards. However, I am not aware of any rules or guidelines that prevent me from publicly apologising for my lack of tolerance and support towards a moderator.

Why have I chosen to apologise on the open boards you ask? Because to me, that would robustly suggest, my apology is genuine and sincere and that I am capable of accepting I fell well below those standards I would expect others to treat me with. I didn't want this to be perceived as an apology with reservations or excuses. Or in other words a superficial apology.

So not only do I feel it's best that I man up and simply do the right thing but I want to make sure I leave you with no doubt about how fortunate we are to have such a great community and dare I say it "community moderators".

John ... I was out of order and you didn't deserve the response I sent. I'm genuinely sorry. My reply was, at the very least, intolerant and ultimately unkind. You didn't and don't deserve this and I want to make sure I don't detract from the great efforts you and our moderators make, or worse, make you think or feel I am not genuinely grateful. I was wrong and I am sorry. Thank you.

Thank you to all the moderators for your support of the site.

AiY(D) :oops:

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: An open apology - red sturgeon

Postby redsturgeon » June 11th, 2022, 12:22 pm

Thank you Darrell.

John

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”