Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

site DMs outbox

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
didds
Lemon Half

site DMs outbox

Postby didds » August 15th, 2023, 12:23 pm

Ive noticed before and im noticing it today... Ive sent two DMs today (its not a very regular thing with me ) and i notice they are still sitting in an outbox and not sent yet.

Is there some sort of scheduled task that only sends DMs in outboxes every so many hours/daily? Merely intrigued...

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: site DMs outbox

Postby Itsallaguess » August 15th, 2023, 12:26 pm

didds wrote:
I've noticed before and im noticing it today... Ive sent two DMs today (its not a very regular thing with me ) and i notice they are still sitting in an outbox and not sent yet.

Is there some sort of scheduled task that only sends DMs in outboxes every so many hours/daily? Merely intrigued...

This is a fairly common question due to the way Lemon Fool 'Private Messages' work, and it's not surprising it feels a little confusing...

Once sent, they will sit in your 'Outbox' until the receiving user actually opens the Private Message, so don't worry about anything - your Private Messages have been 'Sent' correctly, they've just not been 'Received' yet, and when you see them disappear from your 'Outbox', then you'll know that they've been opened on the receiving end...

One slight benefit of the above confusing process is that whilst they're sat in your 'Outbox', you do get the opportunity to EDIT them before they're eventually read. Perhaps sometimes a small benefit to an odd way for things to work...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

didds
Lemon Half

Re: site DMs outbox

Postby didds » August 15th, 2023, 12:28 pm

cheers! that does make some sort of twisted sense :-)

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”