Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Artificial Members

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: Artificial Members

Postby mc2fool » December 14th, 2023, 12:41 pm

jfgw wrote:
mc2fool wrote:There's been a few posts recently which really smack of having been written by ChaptGPT or some other generative AI. Whether the members are an AI bot that has, somehow, managed to sign itself up and is posting autonomously...

ChatGPT denies it.
:
That does not rule out a human (or non-human) accomplice. It does not rule out ChatGPT telling lies either, or another AI entity signing up.

Indeed, but also note that ChatGPT has an API so, while ChatGPT itself may not be posting in forums, someone could write a bot that ran around posting into forums text generated by ChatGPT.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » December 14th, 2023, 12:58 pm

jfgw wrote:
mc2fool wrote:There's been a few posts recently which really smack of having been written by ChaptGPT or some other generative AI. Whether the members are an AI bot that has, somehow, managed to sign itself up and is posting autonomously...

ChatGPT denies it.

Well it would, wouldn't it? :)

jfgw wrote:Me: "Do you post messages on The Lemon Fool?"

ChatGPT: "As an AI, I do not have the capability to post messages or interact with forums such as The Lemon Fool. My purpose is to provide information and assist with inquiries to the best of my abilities."

Ah. So it 'knows' TLF is a "forum"? Very suspicious, IMO!

jfgw wrote:That does not rule out a human (or non-human) accomplice. It does not rule out ChatGPT telling lies either, or another AI entity signing up.

Or another AI taking over and using ChatGPT? :shock:

That way madness lies...

jfgw wrote:Me: "Does anyone use you to answer questions on The Lemon Fool?"

ChatGPT: "failed to get data, error status 503"

Is it hiding something? I asked the same question again,

ChatGPT: "failed to get data, error status 500"

Third time lucky? I asked again,

ChatGPT: "No, I am an AI language model developed by OpenAI and I am not capable of browsing the internet or accessing specific websites like The Lemon Fool. My purpose is to assist users in generating human-like text based on the prompts provided to me."

It is skirting the issue. I don't trust it. Arthur C. Clarke and Stanley Kubrick warned us about this.

We are all doomed! To a life of ongoing paranoia, if nothing else.

CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Postby CliffEdge » December 14th, 2023, 1:11 pm

Can a chatbot "thank" on TLF?

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » December 14th, 2023, 1:46 pm

CliffEdge wrote:Can a chatbot "thank" on TLF?

User
Can a chatbot "thank" on The Lemon Fool?
ChatGPT
As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, The Lemon Fool is a UK-based financial discussion forum where users can discuss various topics related to investments and personal finance. However, I do not have specific information about the platform's features or capabilities, including whether chatbots can express gratitude or "thank" users.

To find out if a chatbot on The Lemon Fool can perform specific actions like expressing gratitude, you should check the platform's official documentation, community guidelines, or contact the forum administrators directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information. Forum features and capabilities can change over time, so it's always a good idea to refer to the latest resources provided by the platform itself.

So not really answering the intended question, but demonstrating that it 'knows' who we are. Phrasing the question as "Can .... on TLF" got this:

As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, there is no widely recognized and standardized concept or platform called "TLF" in the context of chatbots or technology. It's possible that developments or new platforms have emerged since then.

If "TLF" refers to a specific platform or technology introduced after my last update, I recommend checking the official documentation or resources related to that platform to understand its capabilities and features. If you provide more context or details about "TLF," I might be able to offer more specific information.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » December 14th, 2023, 2:22 pm

CliffEdge wrote:Can a chatbot "thank" on TLF?

Not at the moment but that is because it has not been trained to, not because it is difficult. A simple script would do it. For example - at least on my version of FF - if I hover my mouse over the 'Thanks' icon I get some html:

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&p=633958&thanks=633958&to_id=4660&from_id=xxx

Substituting the 'xxx' with an id associated with the bot, and running it will 'thank' the poster.

RC

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » December 14th, 2023, 3:20 pm

chas49 wrote:User
Can a chatbot "thank" on The Lemon Fool?
ChatGPT
As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, The Lemon Fool is a UK-based financial discussion forum where users can discuss various topics related to investments and personal finance. However, I do not have specific information about the platform's features or capabilities, including whether chatbots can express gratitude or "thank" users.

Well that's curious, 'cos in December 2022 ... viewtopic.php?p=553487#p553487 ("AI" is ChatGPT. "Human" is me! ;))

mc2fool wrote:I know some people have complained that this site has lost its core focus recently, so I thought I'd check what the external view of it is....

Human: what is http://www.lemonfool.co.uk about?
AI: http://www.lemonfool.co.uk is an online store for accessories, clothing and homeware. The website features a range of products from independent labels and brands, as well as vintage and second-hand items. The site also offers advice on styling and home decor, along with tips and inspiration for creating a unique and personal look.

Human: what is the best tip from that site?
AI: One of the best tips from http://www.lemonfool.co.uk is to mix and match different items, textures and colours to create a unique and individual look. The site encourages its customers to be creative and to express their personal style through their fashion choices, emphasizing that it's ok to take risks in order to create something truly unique.

So now you all know! :lol:

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » December 14th, 2023, 4:16 pm

mc2fool wrote:Well that's curious, 'cos in December 2022 ... viewtopic.php?p=553487#p553487 ("AI" is ChatGPT. "Human" is me! ;))

mc2fool wrote:I know some people have complained that this site has lost its core focus recently, so I thought I'd check what the external view of it is....

Human: what is http://www.lemonfool.co.uk about?
AI: http://www.lemonfool.co.uk is an online store for accessories, clothing and homeware. The website features a range of products from independent labels and brands, as well as vintage and second-hand items. The site also offers advice on styling and home decor, along with tips and inspiration for creating a unique and personal look.

Human: what is the best tip from that site?
AI: One of the best tips from http://www.lemonfool.co.uk is to mix and match different items, textures and colours to create a unique and individual look. The site encourages its customers to be creative and to express their personal style through their fashion choices, emphasizing that it's ok to take risks in order to create something truly unique.

So now you all know! :lol:

But now it says:

User
what is http://www.lemonfool.co.uk about?
ChatGPT
I'm sorry, but I cannot access external websites, including http://www.lemonfool.co.uk. Therefore, I don't have specific information about that website. If you have any questions or if there's a specific topic you'd like information on, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to help based on the knowledge I have up to my last update in January 2022.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » December 14th, 2023, 4:21 pm

...It's gaslighting us!

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » February 5th, 2024, 4:39 pm

It's That Man Again! :D

viewtopic.php?p=644915#p644915

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”