Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Instant Pot

incorporating Recipes and Cooking
Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Instant Pot

Postby Rhyd6 » October 22nd, 2022, 10:22 am

OH does all the cooking and has just bought an Instant Pot all singing, all dancing do everything you can think of gadget. Has anyone got one of these and if so, would you like to provide some tips, recipes or any tips about using it. Many thanks.

R6

6Tricia
2 Lemon pips

Re: Instant Pot

Postby 6Tricia » October 22nd, 2022, 11:08 am

I've had a Ninja foodi 9-in-1 multi-cooker since June and haven't tried out all its functions yet but before I start to prepare my meal of choice for the day I google (ie: Macaroni cheese in the ninja foodi multi-cooker).
I love it and have even made bread in it!

It's much quicker for many things, saving time, money and electricity. I haven't bothered getting a special cookbook (a lot of them are American which don't use metric measurements and often ingredients not used or available in the UK) so a quick Google usually comes up with a variety of recipes.

Tricia

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » October 22nd, 2022, 11:26 am

Rhyd6 wrote:OH does all the cooking and has just bought an Instant Pot all singing, all dancing do everything you can think of gadget. Has anyone got one of these and if so, would you like to provide some tips, recipes or any tips about using it. Many thanks.

R6

We bought one some years ago as my good lady had heard good reports about them. It's never off. She's always doing something in it. Curry's, Bolognese, stews. She usually cooks more than we need for one meal and freezes it. I'm obviously not the cook in our home, but she does tell me you can make cheese cakes in them, although she doesn't. The lamb tagine is delicious.

AiY(D)

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » October 22nd, 2022, 12:38 pm

Is this effectively a change of mind from viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33760 ? I'd hate to have put you off something you (or your chef) really wanted!

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Postby Rhyd6 » October 22nd, 2022, 2:07 pm

Hi Uncle Ebenezer, I haven't changed my mind but OH is addicted to gadgets! As a friend remarked "if my husband did all the cooking then he could buy any gadget he liked". A friend bought one and was extolling it's virtues and OH started by just having a look, just testing the water etc. and before you can say Delia Smith there's this huge pot thing sitting in the kitchen. The only good thing is that there are plenty of family members who will no doubt offer to take it off our hands if we don't like it just like they did with the food processor, rotisserie, air fryer and several other unused gadgets.
Could be worse, we have a grandson who is a keen cyclist and his garage houses enough bits to build at least a dozen bikes to say nothing of the ones already finished and hanging on the walls.
I can't complain too much, my addiction is wool. I have enough wool to knit sleeping bags for about four jumbo jets!

R6

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » October 22nd, 2022, 7:23 pm

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:
Rhyd6 wrote:OH does all the cooking and has just bought an Instant Pot all singing, all dancing do everything you can think of gadget. Has anyone got one of these and if so, would you like to provide some tips, recipes or any tips about using it. Many thanks.

R6

We bought one some years ago as my good lady had heard good reports about them. It's never off. She's always doing something in it. Curry's, Bolognese, stews. She usually cooks more than we need for one meal and freezes it. I'm obviously not the cook in our home, but she does tell me you can make cheese cakes in them, although she doesn't. The lamb tagine is delicious.

AiY(D)

You had me at cheese cake. ;)

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » October 22nd, 2022, 7:24 pm

"Instant Pot" ?

Whew!...

Return to “Food”