Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Great British Menu

incorporating Recipes and Cooking
Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Great British Menu

Postby Rhyd6 » March 19th, 2020, 12:17 pm

Did anyone watch this? This is a show we normally enjoy but can someone explain why it was necessary to have Susan Calman wandering about like a spare part? She managed to ruin what is normally a serious but fun programme.

R6

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Great British Menu

Postby redsturgeon » March 20th, 2020, 9:09 am

It's the rules of these type of programmes! :D

John

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » March 20th, 2020, 10:53 am

I'm with you, R6. I'm sure Susan Calman has her loyal followers, but all I seem to have seen of her Scottish series recently is a succession of pies and various sweet and fatty things all disappearing down her gullet, accompanied by loud whooping and cackling that rather puts me off. An acquired taste in every sense of the word!

Mind you, I'm a bit of an anti-TV-foodie at the best of times. I might be persuaded to try again if anybody can persuade John Torode to shut his mouth while he's eating. It would be even better if he could do the same while he's talking, ;)

BJ

Watis
Lemon Quarter

Postby Watis » March 20th, 2020, 11:13 am

bungeejumper wrote:I'm with you, R6. I'm sure Susan Calman has her loyal followers, but all I seem to have seen of her Scottish series recently is a succession of pies and various sweet and fatty things all disappearing down her gullet, accompanied by loud whooping and cackling that rather puts me off. An acquired taste in every sense of the word!

Mind you, I'm a bit of an anti-TV-foodie at the best of times. I might be persuaded to try again if anybody can persuade John Torode to shut his mouth while he's eating. It would be even better if he could do the same while he's talking, ;)

BJ

. . . and his sidekick, Greg 'really-really' Wallace!

Watis

Return to “Food”