Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Hummus with chickpea flour

incorporating Recipes and Cooking
johnstevens77
Lemon Slice

Re: Hummus with chickpea flour

Postby johnstevens77 » June 4th, 2022, 9:50 pm

kempiejon wrote:
In other news I made a tasty blended bean dip the other day using a bag of green edamame beans, tahini, garlic salt and lemon juice. I scored 500g of beans from the yellow sticker fairy in the supermarket. If I can find them again on special I'll try without tahini and add mint sauce from a jar.

I have made various other dried bean purees using hommous style ingredients, they all work well, not necessary to use tahina though, just olive oil and lemon are also tasty.

One dish that we made for special occasions was "hommous awarmeh". Which is hommous topped with freshly fried minced lamb, sumac, fried pine seeds and ground oegano, plus seasoning and chopped parsley. Can also top with chopped tomatoes. Delicious.

john

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » June 4th, 2022, 10:04 pm

johnstevens77 wrote:
kempiejon wrote:
In other news I made a tasty blended bean dip the other day using a bag of green edamame beans, tahini, garlic salt and lemon juice. I scored 500g of beans from the yellow sticker fairy in the supermarket. If I can find them again on special I'll try without tahini and add mint sauce from a jar.

I have made various other dried bean purees using hommous style ingredients, they all work well, not necessary to use tahina though, just olive oil and lemon are also tasty.

One dish that we made for special occasions was "hommous awarmeh". Which is hommous topped with freshly fried minced lamb, sumac, fried pine seeds and ground oegano, plus seasoning and chopped parsley. Can also top with chopped tomatoes. Delicious.

john

Good point about not necessarily using the tahini, have since tried a turtle bean dip with garlic and lime and cumin. The murky brown colour is not particularly appealing but the taste and texture was fine. Not as smooth as my hummus but I didn't peel my beans.

Nikosven

Postby Nikosven » March 13th, 2024, 3:44 pm

To ensure a smooth and tasty hummus, try blending cooked chickpeas with tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil until you achieve the desired consistency. You can also add a splash of water or olive oil to adjust the thickness to your liking.

Dicky99
Lemon Slice

Postby Dicky99 » March 13th, 2024, 5:54 pm

Nikosven wrote:To ensure a smooth and tasty hummus, try blending cooked chickpeas with tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil until you achieve the desired consistency. You can also add a splash of water or olive oil to adjust the thickness to your liking.

Tahini is not an ingredient you'll find in my cupboard but I love making a quick batch of hummus using peanut butter instead of tahini ;)

Nikosven

Postby Nikosven » March 19th, 2024, 12:22 pm

Nikosven wrote:To ensure a smooth and tasty hummus, try blending cooked chickpeas with tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil until you achieve the desired consistency. You can also add a splash of water or olive oil to adjust the thickness to your liking.

And hey, if you're open to trying something new, have you ever considered making your own Yum Yum Sauce? It's a versatile and flavorful condiment that can add a delicious twist to your snacks and meals. Here's a cool article on how to make yum yum sauce. There's an easy-to-follow recipe that's sure to elevate your culinary creations.

Return to “Food”