Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

New coffee pod machine

incorporating Recipes and Cooking
ouzo

New coffee pod machine

Postby ouzo » August 2nd, 2023, 3:41 pm

Hi all. I've had a couple of Nespresso machines over the past fifteen years. The current one is eight years old and leaking a fair bit now, so I want a new machine but fancy a bit of a change.

I've seen Lavazza A Modo Mio machine deals advertised for £1 (with a coffee subscription on top, although the coffee seems cheaper). Does anyone have experience of these machines? My Nespresso machines have been automatic in that I press the button and a certain amount of water is released through the pod and then stops. If I'm reading the Lavazza descriptions correctly it seems I'd have to press the button again to stop when I think there's enough coffee.

Or are there other cheapish pod machines that produce a decent and consistent cup (well, half-cup) of coffee?

TIA

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: New coffee pod machine

Postby redsturgeon » August 8th, 2023, 11:37 am

I think the cost of the machine is a small part of the overall cost of the pod "system". So I would choose whatever company has the coffee you prefer at a price that suits.

John

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » August 8th, 2023, 11:47 am

redsturgeon wrote:I think the cost of the machine is a small part of the overall cost of the pod "system". So I would choose whatever company has the coffee you prefer at a price that suits.

John

But you'll have to buy the machine so you can sample the coffee and see if you like it!

Or get a machine that uses coffee rather than pods!

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » August 8th, 2023, 12:33 pm

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Postby scrumpyjack » August 8th, 2023, 12:38 pm

What bean to cup machine did you get?

I have a de Longhi m/c which takes ESE sachets or ground coffee, plus a Nespresso Inissia m/c. Both good and convenient but maybe I should get a bean to cup m/c as well? The Nespresso is very easy and convenient and I have a wide range of pods. There are plenty of good compatible pods at a reasonable price.

Return to “Food”