Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Making the most of shopping error

incorporating Recipes and Cooking
redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Making the most of shopping error

Postby redsturgeon » October 24th, 2017, 1:29 pm

I had to do an early morning shop today...much earlier than I would normally be in the local Sainburys at about 8am.

The first thing I noticed was that it was very easy to park right next to the door, which was a bonus considering I was trying to get the milk and bread back in time for my son who had a golf match to get to.

Next thing was the ease with which I was able to move around the store and the complete lack of queues at the two checkouts that were open.

While I was there I picked up a bag of onions, intending to make a goat curry tomorrow and thinking I was low.

When I returned home, I found that Mrs RS must have bought a bag of onions yesterday....hmmm, too many onions on a wet Autumnal day what's to be done?

French onion soup!

I used this recipe

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food ... p-51248680

Fortuitously I had some nice wine wine already open in the fridge, I also have fresh Bay and thymes growing outside the kitchen door.

Just finished the soup and it was delicious, hearty and warming.

John

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Making the most of shopping error

Postby bungeejumper » October 24th, 2017, 2:14 pm

As a cookery novice far from home, the first food shopping error I ever made was to buy half a kilo of chillis because they were on special offer in the supermarket. :D With hindsight, however, a sack of onions and a can or two of beans might have been all the extra ingredients I required in order to create the world's very first vertical take-off trousers.

BJ (Permanently up to my elbows in onions - I really must try not to grow so many!)

Return to “Food”