Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Nationwide declining CC payments - again!

Credit Cards, borrowing on Loans and discussions on Stoozing
feder1
Lemon Slice

Nationwide declining CC payments - again!

Postby feder1 » May 19th, 2022, 12:51 pm

I tried to pay for a swimming slot online this morning and was told "oops something went wrong etc - try again" so I tried again with same result.

Hours later the booking has been cancelled by the pool app but two pending NW payments still show on the bank statement.

I then used the CC succesfully at the Coop by contactless payment.

Mrs F had a NW CC payment to Apple declined a couple of days ago and a letter from NW stated why "....SCA authentification required."

DAK what is happening at NW to give these aggravating malfunctions please?

pochisoldi
Lemon Slice

Re: Nationwide declining CC payments - again!

Postby pochisoldi » May 19th, 2022, 6:27 pm

feder1 wrote:
DAK what is happening at NW to give these aggravating malfunctions please?

It's the latest release from the artistes that brought you "Faster Payments one year after everyone else".

I ended up opening a second current account, because outgoing faster payments couldn't be made from existing "legacy" accounts.

My recommendation is to find a second credit card provider and relegate the Nationwide card to a backup role.

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Postby AF62 » May 20th, 2022, 10:32 pm

It’s not just Nationwide, but all the card companies with their new marvellous security systems that simply don’t work.

I have had rejected payments from HSBC (and First Direct) and Halifax with various retailers. Some of them don’t work on a phone or tablet, but do work on a computer, but some don’t work anywhere.

scottnsilky
Lemon Slice

Postby scottnsilky » May 24th, 2022, 7:35 pm

I am a very longstanding member of Nationwide BS, and generally satisfied with them, but a transaction I made 15 mins ago was a little over cautious on their part. I bought a gardening item on eBay, via PayPal costing the princely sum of £10.75, further proof of my identity was required, a phone call giving me a one-off code was necessary. in my experience the call arrives by the time I walk to the phone, but not this time. After 30 seconds I pressed 'send code again', a little wait, phone rings, I'm given a five digit code and have to enter this and my post code, then transaction is completed. All for less than £11! It is getting out of hand.
Fortunately not declined, but excessive.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 24th, 2022, 7:42 pm

scottnsilky wrote:I am a very longstanding member of Nationwide BS, and generally satisfied with them, but a transaction I made 15 mins ago was a little over cautious on their part. I bought a gardening item on eBay, via PayPal costing the princely sum of £10.75, further proof of my identity was required, a phone call giving me a one-off code was necessary. in my experience the call arrives by the time I walk to the phone, but not this time. After 30 seconds I pressed 'send code again', a little wait, phone rings, I'm given a five digit code and have to enter this and my post code, then transaction is completed. All for less than £11! It is getting out of hand.
Fortunately not declined, but excessive.

Could be a current ongoing issue? I transferred some cash between two of my Nationwide accounts, usually this is instantaneous. But this time a message box came up detailing the transfer OK, but saying "It can take up to 5 days for a transfer to take place." Wot?

Didn't take that long but it was definitely slower than normal.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 30th, 2022, 11:52 am

...Nationwide online definitely throwing some wobblies recently.

Yesterday, was offering my last out of date debit card as one option in selection for use in card reader. Also, not displaying all entries in my online payment list via Management option.

Tried to contact online help to tell them and it threw another wobbly, with an error code.

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » May 30th, 2022, 12:00 pm

I have two pending payments at Barclaycard for my Road Fund licence which I did on Friday
The DVLA site kept saying cannot process - try again
The phone number on the V11 reminder 0300 123 4321 that they ask you to pay by doesn't work
WHAT a shower :roll:

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » May 30th, 2022, 12:08 pm

Strange: I've had a couple of payments refused on my MandS Mastercard recently. Today it was "blocked" so I called them and had it unblocked.

Although the conversation was a bit garbled, I did get the impression that quite a few customers were having the same difficulty, so I wonder if there's something going around which has caused alarms sounding across more than just Nationwide.

Arb.

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » May 30th, 2022, 12:25 pm

I also had a Metro card declined trying to pay a supplier via Quickbooks last Monday
tried again on Friday and it worked fine
How odd :roll:

Return to “Credit Cards and Loans”