Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Virtual Visa in USD question

Credit Cards, borrowing on Loans and discussions on Stoozing
chironicle

Virtual Visa in USD question

Postby chironicle » November 9th, 2019, 1:56 pm

Hi, my husband has just received a virtual visa in usd for some surveys he completed a couple of weeks ago in America. It’s a nice surprise as he wasn’t expecting a thing, but what the heck does he do with it? It’s for more than he would spend on a usd purchase to import, however is this the best way to go? We’ve never seen one before and I haven’t found a clear answer online.

Thanks,
ch
(this might be my first post since tmf days)

paulnumbers
Lemon Slice

Re: Virtual Visa in USD question

Postby paulnumbers » November 9th, 2019, 6:24 pm

chironicle wrote:Hi, my husband has just received a virtual visa in usd for some surveys he completed a couple of weeks ago in America. It’s a nice surprise as he wasn’t expecting a thing, but what the heck does he do with it? It’s for more than he would spend on a usd purchase to import, however is this the best way to go? We’ve never seen one before and I haven’t found a clear answer online.

Thanks,
ch
(this might be my first post since tmf days)

Use it to pay off your council tax. It's how I get rid of all pre-paid cards I end up getting as cashback. Perhaps my council is better than others, in that they adjust the next months direct debit automatically to take account of it.

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » November 9th, 2019, 8:59 pm

paulnumbers wrote:Use it to pay off your council tax. It's how I get rid of all pre-paid cards I end up getting as cashback. Perhaps my council is better than others, in that they adjust the next months direct debit automatically to take account of it.

Does your council take payment in USD?

paulnumbers
Lemon Slice

Postby paulnumbers » November 9th, 2019, 9:03 pm

chas49 wrote:
paulnumbers wrote:Use it to pay off your council tax. It's how I get rid of all pre-paid cards I end up getting as cashback. Perhaps my council is better than others, in that they adjust the next months direct debit automatically to take account of it.

Does your council take payment in USD?

Nope, but I would assume Mastercard or Visa will happily do the conversion for a fee.

chironicle

Postby chironicle » November 13th, 2019, 8:46 pm

Thank you, that’s an idea, but I’m not sure I’d trust my local authority the same way. I’m tempted to give my husband its value and use it to donate to all the US animal shelters I fall for on Twitter, heh.

ch

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » November 13th, 2019, 8:57 pm

chironicle wrote:

Thank you, that’s an idea, but I’m not sure I’d trust my local authority the same way. I’m tempted to give my husband its value and use it to donate to all the US animal shelters I fall for on Twitter, heh.

ch

Just a thought, but if you use PayPal, can you add it as a funding source there? Not sure if they will allow it, but it might be worth trying.

Return to “Credit Cards and Loans”